Armalite AR-30 ?

match

I'm considering buying an AR-30 in .338 Lapua. It seems like an inexpensive way to get into a long range unit, in the 338 LM. If I buy it, it'll be used primarily for paper punching and metal targets out to 1500 yds. I reload, so I'm not too concerned with cost of ammo. I've searched the site and read everything that I could, but am looking for opinions of owners, or anybody who has shot one. BTW anybody know who has the best price (dealer cost) on these? Thanks !!

I've had one for about 1 1/2 years. Great gun, all business! Recoil is 243 like, accuracy is excellent after the barrel has 60 or so rounds thru it. I've had no problems with it at all. Muzzle blast is really loud. Trigger is a standard shilen that can be adjusted. My rifle was carefully broken in and is easily a 1/2 inch grouper with properly loaded ammo. Don't be upset if it won't group right out of the box, takes a few rounds to get it properly broken in. It really likes the 300mk's in the mid range of speed using H1000. I bought mine right before they raised the price so I don't know what it is now. Mine came with the 15 MOA base and 1 mag. I highly recommend it! New for 2006- desert tan and olive drab stocks.

Thanks for the replies gang. I've tried to read everything that I could find on the net and in the mags that I have, relating to the AR30 and the 338 LM. Seems like everybody that has one(an AR30 in 300WM or 338 LM) has been more than pleased with the accuracy out of the box. The only problem right now, is that I can't seem to find any wholesale distributors that have them in stock..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Thanks again !

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.