Armalite 338 Lapua

DixieFreedom

A real nice fellow down the road at the mom pop gun store was bragging up his armalite 338 lapua. He seems like an honest joe and he maintains that his rifle will turn in 1/2" and sometimes 3/8" groups every day of the week.

And this rifle sells for right around 1500 bucks.

OH MY! That sounds like the right medicine...

Am I missing something here? A custom 1000 yard rifle made by the best gunsmith in a 100 mile radius goes for 2200 dollars around here. That armalite really has my attention.

Any comments????

Thanks again

Did he show you a target? I am so tired of hearing about rifles that will shoot XXXX (insert your own measurement) holes "all day long". It may be able to do it, but who knows -- I'm getting more skeptical as I grow older. I can think of only one time someone had a target at the range to back up their claims.

DixieFreedom,

I can not speak of the 338 Lapua but I have tested the 50 BMG version and for the money it is one of the most accurate 50 BMGs I have shot. Perhaps not quite on par with the custom bench rifles but not far off.

I would not be suprised to see their 338 L version hold very tight groups with good consistancy. When everything in the rifle is metal, things are pretty stable if set up correctly.

Good Shooting!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I would have to agree with fifty on this one I have an Armalite 50cal and it shoots very good groups with match ammo. I have been considering looking into the Armalite 338 lapua. Let us know if you pick one up and give an update on the performance. I am holding off on it for a while, I just got my 338 Edge HTIR from Shawn at Defensive Edge funds are a little tight right now.

Good luck,
Oneshot976

I have seen plenty of groups from the Armalite .338LM to know that it's a shooter for sure .... it's just butt ugly! a little Krylon and your good to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i bought one back in april ,it shot real good for about 800 rounds,and then it started walking all over the paper.but i think at one time or the other i got the barrel to hot.so i traded it off and got mike bryant to build me another one.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.