Armadillos

They eat insects mostly. Get a live trap. Fill a length of panty hose with a tub of worms with the worm dirt and tie it in the back of the trap as bait. Set it in the shade somewhere and wait. A suppressed 22 short will do the work after they are in the trap. My pawpaw would go full caddy shack on "armor pigs" tearing up his yard in town.

We are starting have problems with armadillos here in north Georgia too. They dig under my shop floor and my old barn rock footings and just make a mess. Fortunately I live on a farm and shoot them with a shotgun. 12 or 20 gauge with light load with 7-1/2 shot works.

We are starting have problems with armadillos here in north Georgia too. They dig under my shop floor and my old barn rock footings and just make a mess. Fortunately I live on a farm and shoot them with a shotgun. 12 or 20 gauge with light load with 7-1/2 shot works.
I can't ever remember killing a armadillo, I have been around ranching and farming all my life here in Texas . I think they are neat little creatures , if one ever becomes a pest I probably will live trap it and relocate it , too some undeveloped land or one of my bad neighbors.

I can't ever remember killing a armadillo, I have been around ranching and farming all my life here in Texas . I think they are neat little creatures , if one ever becomes a pest I probably will live trap it and relocate it , too some undeveloped land or one of my bad neighbors.
I tried to relocate a few but in a month or so I had the same problems with them. They borrow in around the culverts in my driveway and field roads which eventually wash out because of it. We have a lot more rain up this way.

I don't know about their historical distribution, but around here armadillos are an invasive species and have all replaced the skunk. When I was growing up, skunks were almost as common as possums. It's been several years since I've seen a skunk. I treat armadillos like I treat hogs. They are dispatched with prejudice and without second thought or regret.

I don't know about their historical distribution, but around here armadillos are an invasive species and have all replaced the skunk. When I was growing up, skunks were almost as common as possums. It's been several years since I've seen a skunk. I treat armadillos like I treat hogs. They are dispatched with prejudice and without second thought or regret.
Some are carriers of leprosy transmitted through contact with their blood. I believe there is open season on them in Texas.

The only good armadillo is a dead armadillo. They are destructive critters that have invaded the area around my house. I have shot 4 this year from my back deck, but they just keep reinforcing and attacking.
Trade you eleven raccoons for your armadillos! The possums on the half shell dont go through fifty pounds of feed in one night. There are five less now. When its down to two or three I'll stop trapping them. Its interfering with the deer hunting. To much man smell and activity removing them from the traps.

Attachments

• 3fdbf48a-8bbf-4ab8-851b-9b9c4983701f.jpg
    3fdbf48a-8bbf-4ab8-851b-9b9c4983701f.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 51
I've got raccoons as well. They haven't breached the perimeter as often as the armadillos. I need a thermal scope really bad.

Mark!
YES, you DO.
You DO need a thermal scope.

Be a kind and generous person:
Help the needy:
And buy a good thermal for that needy person:
Yourself.

Cheers,
Matthias 😉