Arken SH4

EP-4 glass is from Japan
SH-4 glass is from China

Both are assembled in China. There will be a price increase on the EP-4's as of the first of the year. How much of a price increased has yet to be released.

EP-4 glass is from Japan
SH-4 glass is from China

Both are assembled in China. There will be a price increase on the EP-4's as of the first of the year. How much of a price increased has yet to be released.
Yes, it is a piece of information that a consumer needs to know to make a sound decision. Like it or not, the quality (material. process, etc.) will always cost more. Consumers need to synthesize the information being presented or clarify information that was not clear, as I did. The $200 price difference is a personal choice, and like I said, if you are happy with what you, press on. I was simply passing information; that is why I started my post as "FYSA," it just that simple.

There is a price increase on everything since the pandemic.

ADDED: BTW, I know that you have both SH-4 and EP-4.

Last edited:
If your comment is directed to me, I never said anything bad about the scope. If you are happy with it, that is all it matters. There is no need to be sarcastic. My initial query response from Arken was not clear (see below). But as you can see, only the lens on the EP-4 line as indicated in #12 is made in Japan. I am still considering their EP-4 line.

BTW, if I choose products made in America vs. made in China, I will definitely pick one from the good ole USA.

View attachment 240340
Ed, I had the 4-16 ep4 Gen 1 and it punched above its price point.

Once you learn mils, you'll realize it's no different than using MOA just different measurements.
Only reason I choose mils over MOA is to use a mil dot master (slide rule). It has come in very handy when range finder fails due to poor weather etc. If any of you have an alternative to the Mil dot master for MOA pleased let me know.