Arken SH-4 Gen II 6-24x50

I've got one on a 22 and I like it. It replaced a strike eagle 5-25 and I feel it's a better scope.
Hmm … Interesting.

I don't have anything in the same class to compare it to. I made a "tactical" decision about 5 years ago to sell all my less expensive scopes and I bought two VX-6's (3-18x56). I put them in LaRue QD mounts and got really good at bore sighting when swapping between 4 guns. I figured I'd give the Arken a spin so I would have another scope in the mix.

So far, just shooting at 100, it seems pretty good. At 16x the image quality is pretty solid for a scope in this price range.

Have yet to shoot anything at longer ranges with it. Will be interested to use it beside the VX-6 in the field.

I have one I bought for a load development/move around scope, so far I like it. For the cost I don't know of anything close. Initially I was frustrated, when I bought it the stated lead time was 6-8 weeks and it took something like 25 or 26 weeks for it to come in. After it finally came in I started messing with it and in the end it was worth it. Mine tracks as close to perfect as I can measure, the glass is quite nice and better than my Razor for sure, and I have had no trouble with it at all. I'd buy another if I needed one.

I have one I bought for a load development/move around scope, so far I like it. For the cost I don't know of anything close. Initially I was frustrated, when I bought it the stated lead time was 6-8 weeks and it took something like 25 or 26 weeks for it to come in. After it finally came in I started messing with it and in the end it was worth it. Mine tracks as close to perfect as I can measure, the glass is quite nice and better than my Razor for sure, and I have had no trouble with it at all. I'd buy another if I needed one.
Same here with no lead time.
Used at 100 yards and all seems perfect. Headed to talladega cmp tomorrow for 600 yard range. I'll let you know if otherwise. My friend is into the high dollar shooting and competition, we bought the arkens at the same time. He is vary familiar with $$$$ scopes and so far he says just as good with turrets and 0 stop being better. Any negative news and I'll let you know.

I've never had any of the higher priced scopes. Top end for me is usually 4 or 500. However I do have 2 of the trijicon credo's coming in this week. As well as just receiving a trijicon huron. So I will be able to compare turrets and glass to the arken when I get them in. I'm not expecting the arken to match them but I am curious to see how close they are.

The glass is not in the same league as my VX-6's, but for the money, sure seems like a solid deal.

I have it on my 7 mag that I just had recrowned. That gun impresses me now. I like the dot reticle. Makes the aiming point very precise.

For what it's worth, the Vortex I have owned have been underwhelming. Never really had one I loved. But, my experience with Vortex is limited. I wish I had one I could shoot side by side with this Arken before I speak about comparing them.

I done some extensive shooting with all kinds of scopes. The Arken sh4 gen2 with keep up with any scope in the the 800 class and below for sure the tracking always seem to work, the Parallax works good the Illumination starburst alittle much for my liking but again for the money very solid optic.

I bought the EP5 In January. Lead time was 6-8 weeks, received in 4!! I have it on a Savage 110 338 Lapua Magnum. I've only been able to zero at 200 yards so far. At this time I am extremely impressed with it, thinking about an SH4 for my 10/22. We will see what Santa says!!

I think you will be happy with Arken.

I haven't had the 6-24 in my hands but I do have 3 of the EP5 scopes. I bought one to try out and see how I liked it and immediately ordered 2 more which shipped direct from Arken within a week. I also own NF, Kahles, S&B, Leupold Mk5, and GenII Vortex on the higher end range.

The best comparison on the lower price range scopes would be the Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56. IMO, the glass is on par with the SE (or maybe a fuzz better), but the turrets are exponentially better. The SE has kind of a mushy feel where the Arken is very solid and audible. Tracking on both scopes are good according to tall target testing.

I have a lot of rifles and don't like swapping optics around as I want them to be ready to go at any given time.

I feel like the Arken scopes are priced well below their value, and better than anything I can find up to the $1k price point.

I haven't had the 6-24 in my hands but I do have 3 of the EP5 scopes. I bought one to try out and see how I liked it and immediately ordered 2 more which shipped direct from Arken within a week. I also own NF, Kahles, S&B, Leupold Mk5, and GenII Vortex on the higher end range.

The best comparison on the lower price range scopes would be the Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56. IMO, the glass is on par with the SE (or maybe a fuzz better), but the turrets are exponentially better. The SE has kind of a mushy feel where the Arken is very solid and audible. Tracking on both scopes are good according to tall target testing.

I have a lot of rifles and don't like swapping optics around as I want them to be ready to go at any given time.

I feel like the Arken scopes are priced well below their value, and better than anything I can find up to the $1k price point.
The ep5 is alittle better glass than sh4

I've never had any of the higher priced scopes. Top end for me is usually 4 or 500. However I do have 2 of the trijicon credo's coming in this week. As well as just receiving a trijicon huron. So I will be able to compare turrets and glass to the arken when I get them in. I'm not expecting the arken to match them but I am curious to see how close they are.
Just FYI, the Huron scopes have a super short eye relief. I just couldn't get used to it, and sold mine.

Recent Posts