Arken selling vapor scopes? Anybody get one from them this month?

GMBshootingclubM60

I'm trying to get into the bolt gun world after 31 years in the full auto game.
I ordered a 4-16 scope on Dec 3rd and when the invoice came up, it said a
2-6 week wait.
Today I got a reply from arken that it's now 8-12 weeks.
So, in one month the wait doubled and now I'm twice as far behind as I
was on Dec 3rd ?????????????

This sounds like a ponzi scheme to me. And if the President jabs the
chinese commies some more, we'll never get what we paid for?

Has anyone here gotten a scope from them recently and how long did it take?

I'm trying to get into the bolt gun world after 31 years in the full auto game.
I ordered a 4-16 scope on Dec 3rd and when the invoice came up, it said a
2-6 week wait.
Today I got a reply from arken that it's now 8-12 weeks.
So, in one month the wait doubled and now I'm twice as far behind as I
was on Dec 3rd ?????????????

This sounds like a ponzi scheme to me. And if the President jabs the
chinese commies some more, we'll never get what we paid for?

Has anyone here gotten a scope from them recently and how long did it take?
Did you ever get your scope?

Arken is shipping orders from late November now. I ordered my SH4 on 12/23 with a 7-8 week wait. Last I heard from Arken is 12 weeks, so end of March for mine yours will be sooner.

Im guessing they get a predetermined number of purchases before they put an order in.

Have you paid already? Did you try to cancel for a refund or perhaps you will sometimes in the future get a scope from them? I'm just curious.
Ponzi scheme. I pay for the scope they deliver to you today. Then I wait to see if enough
people pay for my scope months later. They take the money immediately = ponzi scheme.

they've been on back stock for a long time. i think since sept/oct time framethat's why i didn't order one.

also on their site and many others, they said they were taking orders but didn't have a time line when they would be shipped. that's the second reason i didn't order one. because stuff like this happens.

in top of that, shipping on everything has been slow, hell, my brother is still waiting on stuff from amazon that he ordered on black friday.

i'm going on 2 months waiting for powder that was in stock from a reputable seller.

i'm 2 months in to getting a barrel from a manufacturer.

FWIW, i went with a Riton scope, and took only 3 weeks to get it.

everyone's mileage may vary...... you'll get it, eventually.

The other thing that makes me hesitant is that a return or replacement from a warranty issue would likely be a while.

Financing your operations with your customers money is usually not indicative of a quality business. Crowd funding is somewhat different, but still often times very tumultuous for the customer. If you want to take back-orders without taking money, that is perfectly fine. Taking money up front... that's a whole other thing.

I contacted this company by phone and left a message indicating I'd like to talk with them, and couldn't even be troubled with a call back. I was going to grab half a dozen or so of their scopes, just so I could provide my customers with an honest opinion of the product. That was over a month ago, if I recollect correctly.

If I were in the market for a budget scope, I would look elsewhere. That's just the way I feel about it.

i've been intrigued by these scopes. i'd jump on a 1-8 if they offered it but the current wait listed on their site is 16 weeks! no thanks.

check out element optics. i just heard about them on a email flyer from rainier arms. their stuff is made in japan 100%. not the USA, but it's better than china - at least they're our ally. the price point is about the same.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.