Arken scopes opinions

I got the 4-16 sh4 with that 100$ off deal to existing customers that are registered with a account.
I got it for 300$ shipped. I sold off a 300$ swfa to purchase it, and I got to say, that's was a major upgrade.
Spent some time behind it, the DMR2 and a strike eagle 5-25 at dusk.
It came in last as far as low light performance. As it should, it's the cheapest. The DMR2 and strike eagle are so close I think the bushy edged it out though. You could blind fold me and I probably couldn't tell the difference.
The Arken isn't lagging by much though.
Clicks feel less refined than the other two, they just feel cheap in my opinion. Like they're trying too hard to get that loud audible click, which is overrated in my opinion. I've never been in a situation where very loud clicks was a asset. I can quickly see where it would be a problem in some cases, but I'm talking about a cheap optic so… This optics retails for 400$, so in that regard it's a great optic. The best in its class in my opinion.
I wish we would get away from nit picking glass on budget optics. We know by now, they all suffer in the glass department, it's a sub 1k$ optic. I believe emphasis on tracking and will the parallax adjust properly, then the glass test should be if you can see the steel plate at 1k and make impacts, then the budget glass is clear enough to work. I think the glass nit picking should be done at the upper level of optics where one has to justify the purchase. Tracking and features are just about a non issue anymore, most mechanisms are pretty reliable in all price ranges, and that's going to continue to improve. Im talking about guys who shoot for fun or hunt, guys who use optics for duty don't have to justify a duty worthy tier 1 optic, it's obvious why they have it.
I posted in another thread about going around the world with 1k scopes and this one is not a 1k scope. Now, if they would do the ep4 with illumination I think it would appropriately priced around 700-1k$. It's just a better refined design.
All that being said, I still got to try the Vortex venom and the Athlon helos Gen 2, but if I pick up another rifle to play at the range with, this optic will be my choice. Nothing under 500$ touches it. If my budget is 700$ for another strike eagle, I'm going to find a DMR2 instead.

Last edited:
I got the 4-16 sh4 with that 100$ off deal to existing customers that are registered with a account.
I got it for 300$ shipped. I sold off a 300$ swfa to purchase it, and I got to say, that's was a major upgrade.
Spent some time behind it, the DMR2 and a strike eagle 5-25 at dusk.
It came in last as far as low light performance. As it should, it's the cheapest. The DMR2 and strike eagle are so close I think the bushy edged it out though. You could blind fold me and I probably couldn't tell the difference.
The Arken isn't lagging by much though.
Clicks feel less refined than both, they just feel cheap in my opinion. But I'm talking about a cheap optic so… This optics retails for 400$ so.. in that regard it's a great optic. The best in its class in my opinion.
I wish we would get away from nit picking glass on budget optics. We know by now, they all suffer in the glass department, it's a sub 1k$ optic. I believe emphasis on tracking and will the parallax adjust properly, then the glass test should be if you can see the steel plate at 1k and make impacts, then the budget glass is clear enough to work. I posted in another thread about going around the world with 1k scopes and this one is not a 1k scope.
All that being said, I still got to try the Vortex venom and the Athlon helos Gen 2, but if I pick up another rifle to play at the range with, this optic will be my choice. Nothing under 500$ touches it. If my budget is 700$ for another strike eagle, I'm going to find a DMR2 instead.
Wow that's score for sure. Several of the youtube reviewers didn't seem to have any tracking issues even out to a mile so it should be good. I'll be looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Last edited:
This thing is growing on me.
They definitely shed light on the optics industry. Particularly how over priced optics are.!

Last edited:
So I've spent more time behind the arken. I'd say it compares to sightron s3, better than Burris xtr, on a sunny day reading mirage it's on par with my mark 4. Where it does fall down a bit is on heavy overcast days, whether it's the lenses coating or whatever, I can't pick out splashes on a painted steel gong as well as the mark 4, or maybe even the s3, but I didn't have it there to compare side by side. For big game hunting, I still like a leupold, their low light is above the others, but for the price, it's a heck of a scope.

So I've spent more time behind the arken. I'd say it compares to sightron s3, better than Burris xtr, on a sunny day reading mirage it's on par with my mark 4. Where it does fall down a bit is on heavy overcast days, whether it's the lenses coating or whatever, I can't pick out splashes on a painted steel gong as well as the mark 4, or maybe even the s3, but I didn't have it there to compare side by side. For big game hunting, I still like a leupold, their low light is above the others, but for the price, it's a heck of a scope.
That's a really helpful assessment. I've noticed some scopes look great in sunny conditions and seem on par or slight better than my Leupolds, but a far less expensive. Then at low light or cloudy conditions they perform like you said and the Leupolds out perform them. So when hunting we know what to expect. And for theose rifles that are "fun guns" or mostly target and varmint we have more options to choose from.

Got a battery finally for the illumination, maybe they change it up but it seems plenty bright to me when I turn it on, with the gun it's on, doubt it'll get used but I put one in anyways lol.

I just shot the 4 shiny marks with the arken at 1308yards. Hit the high one, but was unable to tell where I hit on the target then the next one I saw a dirt splash above it, dialed back .1mil and put three on the middle, could faintly see I was ringing plate in the middle and the plate swing. I can easily see dirt splash and mirage with it, but not the bullet splash, maybe it's the red paint?
06B809FB-3353-41A0-AF66-05C290CFA156.jpeg

The pic is rotated 90degree?

So I had the eyepiece come loose on the arken, waiting to here back from arken, can't seem to get it to remain tight loosens when I change magnification.
Anyone had this on there's?
7AE53DCA-C57E-4AAA-9C47-118492F76F6A.jpeg
82F34642-34E7-4542-9E5E-862D422F6CB8.jpeg

Recent Posts