Ares btr gen 2 vs Ares etr

DJ Fergus

If a fellow didn't want the bulk size of the etc, does the btr gen2 have the same quality glass? Obviously the image of 56mm is going to be more impressive than the 50mm even if the glass quality was exactly the same between the two. Can anyone vouch for the tracking on the btr gen2?

I've been following these two scopes as well—and from what I have gathered from others, both the TAC BTR and ETR lines track really really well.
My understanding is that the ETR is indeed a step up in glass, and provides better resolving capability. I hear the ETR glass is really really close to the top of the line Cronus glass.

tagging in for others' replies...

I have the btr and can say that I've used it out to 1000 yards, in to 100, back out to 400 yards many times with zero problems. Clicks weren't that great out of the box but wiping out the old grease and replacing with lighter oil and removing the rubber o ring on the elevation turret helped a good bit.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.