Are you shooting as much with the ammo shortage ?

Be A Good Time To Start a Business of making: Primers ,Powder,Mine Lead , Ammo ETC...... It cant be Rocket Science .

Are you shooting as much with the ammo shortage?

As for the question; Yep, I planned ahead 50 years ago and kept a good supply on hand over those 50 years, finding the sweet spot and rotating my ammo pile and reloading... but always having enough for a "really" rainy day. Back then folks thought I was a bit of an alarmist, now they think I'm a genius. Ok, maybe not a genius just smarter than I look, :) I shoot when I want and as much as I want. What's that old fable... The Ant and the Grasshopper... sometimes you never see the one that gets you. If we all get another chance keep that in mind, you don't have to hoard, just slowly build that war chest at every opportunity you get. Good luck guys, it ain't over until we give in, keep your Creed, Faith, and Ethos.
That's funny! I really enjoyed the humor in your post. Like you I would wait for ammo to go on sale and then buy 1-2 cases of the stuff at a time. So yes I have about 8-9 large cans of ammo stuffed with varying calibers from 22-250 to 300 win mag and several stops in between. Two years ago I picked up a Remington bucket of 22LR ammo with 1500 rounds in it for $49 at my local Academy Sports store. It was on sale as the regular price was something like $89. So figured why not. I already had plenty of 22LR ammo from Winchester and Federal but because I am a miser and I like bargains I decided to buy it. Imagine my absolute shock and horror when I recently (link below) saw the same bucket ammo online for almost $300!!!!!!! There is no way you can convince me this is anything other than price gouging!

Last edited by a moderator:
LGS posted.
Maybe this is going to get better soon

Attachments

• EC2E2A1B-CBC4-44D9-8FDA-7EF62D30DB89.jpeg
    EC2E2A1B-CBC4-44D9-8FDA-7EF62D30DB89.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 103
LGS posted.
Maybe this is going to get better soon
It will get better once consumers take a stand and REFUSE to allow them to gouge us. It's already happening. By conserving our stores of ammunition we are depressing demand and sending a very clear signal to producers this sort of price gouging and abuse will not stand!

I knew when Wal-Mart quit selling 223 and handgun ammo it had started .I bought all I could a year ago on top of what I had .I missed out on a few things now can't find anything . These ammo swaps we are having should help a some I hope .Primers are out if site none are going to the stores neither is powder or 22s or brass .I saw the first shipment of shot at bass pro in two years 500 bags sold in one day .We will have to trade with each other and see if we can find what we want that way .

We will have to trade with each other and see if we can find what we want that way .
That's what some of us do on range days. Buddy needed some IMR 4064 and gave him a pound and he needed some 230gr 45cal so gave him a 100 and he gave me 400+ CCI #34 primers and some 308 and 3006 brass.

I've been shooting the hell out of my pellet rifle. Got some scaled targets. It's not the same, but, trigger time is trigger time. I shoot this instead of my AR.

I shoot my .338LM as much as I always have. I've got enough powder, primers and powder to last at least a couple barrels. That's my favorite rifle to shoot anyway.
Yup, replacing the O rings in my Marauder. 9lbs like a poweder burner, tactical stock, 12x scope, 1 ragged hole at 60'. But boy do those pellets drop fast. Have to use a range finder over 40 yards to hit small objects because every 10' makes a difference. BC of 1.0 lol

I seen a post here that a cities sheriff is having a drop off day for ammo and guns. It's one we're you don't get anything for it ! I wonder I If a private citizen could do that ? Cost $100.00 for add on paper. I wonder if these people would drop off any Guns and ammo for free ? MD

I traded 100 rounds of 40 S&W to my barber for hair cuts @ $10.00 a pop w/o tip. I don't think that he knows what this is going to cost him now since the price gouging! PS he is not getting anymore.

Got burned on primers last time around...what 6 or 7 years ago? Did what others said, just bought a brick now and then. Remember when GM201Ms were all gone fora long time and we thought they might have stopped producing them? A year ago a range I go to in Tx had several bricks just sittin on the shelf which I was surprised to see and picked up a few. No need to hoard, just pick some up now and then. Pistol ammo is what I'm short(er) on...Volume of shooting is higher with pistols.
Gonna wait this one out...hope others decide to do the same, and then the shelves will fill up again. This demand vs. supply won't be sustained or else a lot of guys are gonna be taking 2nd mortgages out on their houses. 😂

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts