Are you shooting as much with the ammo shortage ?

I am afraid it is only going to get worst with ammo registration and more gun control at the Fed level. If we loose the NRA I don't know what will happen to the recreational shooter hunter. I am really spooked about it.
Hi all from Australia, as I have said before, please look at us as to gun control, buybacks etc, all of our prices just keep going up, as for powder, we have ADI manufacturing here, but government restrictions on transportation have slowed things down, now they(the government) are talking about restricting the amount of ammo/ powder/ primers that anyone can have, you have to fill a register in every time you purchase powder.
Please look at us and learn from it; don't let your government take your rights away, especially by slowly watering them down, the biggest thing is that the gun community has to speak with one voice.
On a positive note we still go shooting often with bolt rifles, as the shortages are only just starting here, primers and powder mainly, and yes, l have a small stockpile,
Regards
Graham🐢
"Keep the barstards guessing "

what a crappy time for load development. I have 3 lbs of IMR 4831, 2 of 4350 a lb of RL22 and little less H4831 and 450--so i'm probably in better shape than a lot of people, but having issues getting a consistent load out of my 340 weatherby --and ive gone through a lot of powder and primers already. . Im pretty sure ive taken out the human variables, but im still having accuracy problems with Swift A-Frames in 225g. anyone have any good info on this? Ive heard quite a bit about head space on weatherby mark V's from "the crowd"--anybody have good info?--seems like with all the freebore, a bullet cant be seated too far out, but i see little deviation between bullets seated at "0" (3.7) and bullets seated at .010, .020 and as far a .035 (getting close to limit of magazine box dimension). HELP

In times where I need to plink I use a old Red Ryder on cans.
I use several air rifles to practice my target skills.
A Crosman DPMS SPR to scratch my full auto itch.
Even a slingshot can help when I need to fire something.
Plus is no hearing protection and setting up long range targets.
My 2 cents on getting by.

Get yourself a magnet like roofers use, and "reload" your BB's! 😁 memtb

I can actually shoot a BP cannon pretty cheap .I have a friend that makes BP and I get it for free for a firewood trade .I can shoot rocks out of it and blowing balls I get for free .Cammon fuss is the highest part of it .
I saw a primers for $300/1000 to $489 / 1000 pm gunbroker .Last Jan I bought a ton for $20 /1000 for federal I got 40k and got bass pro to match them got 20 k more except I didn't buy a single small pistol primer .I ended up with a bunch of federal match primers too that was last Jan I knew crap was coming .There is nothing now .I swear there are govt contracts with the ammo companies again was during oboma .One of them was 2 billion rounds of 40 SW hp ammo and 4 billion 5.56 rounds .We are doing local swap meets now that helps .Better buy all you can before ammo tax comes and limit of one box a month.We are against the new Nazis

It's been a real pain in the butt. Just got a load developed for my 300WM, now I only have 20 or so bullets left, and they are nowhere to be bought. Might have to redevelop a load with something I can get my hands on 😔

Yes I've reduced the amount I shoot due to cold weather and not knowing how long this nonsense will last. Weather is about to bring it all shooting to a halt because I shoot for free outdoors the range is about to be under 8'-10' of snow.

Current prices are just silly. People are being silly when they pay $1/round of 9mm and $3-$/round of Hdy Match 6.5CM if they are not wealthy and these sums of money mean anything to them. 9mm- last I bought was .23/round in April. Now .80-$1. 1K rounds, gee I think I can find something else fun to do with that extra $570 - $800.

People's willingness to pay these prices is evident in auctions that start at a low price set by the seller, and users bid up to those levels, therefore not the vendors' faults.

So it is within our power to keep the prices at normal levels. Just quit or reduce shooting dramatically for a few months. Ammo production will continue full steam ahead, and the drop in demand will cause prices to fall. Shelves will populate, more stocking up will happen then, and after everyone's gotten their needs filled shelves will populate again.

New 1st time gun owners don't shoot that much anyway, and are not the ones buying $1k of 9mm. Also people paying high prices now will simply run out of money in their shooting budget. LMAO, $700+shipping for 200 rounds of 6.5CM

Suddenly people paying 3x - 5x normal will feel really foolish if these amounts mean anything to them. (Wealthy people probably don't care.)

If the lack of reasonably priced ammo continues it will affect firearms sales. I've recently passed on a couple of 45ACPs because I'm low on that ammo and it's now $1/round.
The same could be said of components and rifles, what this forum is about....If you can't buy bullets and powder, why buy or build a long range rig.

(Yes, strangely enough hunting ammo is scarce or going for astronomical prices too- One would think it would mainly be SD and SHTF ammo that's affected by the political figures who got elected.)

I've been shooting the hell out of my pellet rifle. Got some scaled targets. It's not the same, but, trigger time is trigger time. I shoot this instead of my AR.

I shoot my .338LM as much as I always have. I've got enough powder, primers and powder to last at least a couple barrels. That's my favorite rifle to shoot anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.