Are you settling on this 100 yard group?

On my Seekins Havak PH1 in 28 , I stopped chasing 1 hole group at 100yds on initial load development, I could get it down to 1/2" easily but getting better than that was a chore. I walked the best load out and have not looked back since in a couple years. I consistently holds 1/2 MOA out to 1140, longest I have to shoot,
I'm shooting the 180 HVLD's as well but with Retumbo around 3100, I have to account for 1 MOA of R spin drift at 800 and beyond,
I've shot a whitetail doe at 780 and the mule deer in the avatar at a whopping 82 yds with that load, both were bang flops,

ALWAYS map the cold bore and follow up...They are all that matter.

Looks like you are well on your way to filling the freezer. Nice job!

There sure are a lot of "World Class" shooters on this Forum as of late, Just sayin
Hahaha I've noticed. But also a lot of humble dudes with great info and insight!! That's why I wanted to post the group. To see if I'm just chasing other peoples proposed 1/2 MOA all day, all the time, every time internet standards. Or if that group was some real world **** that most people can relate to. I've shot quite a few sub 1/2 MOA groups also. But if I had to bet $100k that I will print a 5 shot 1/2 MOA 1000 yard group 5 out of 5 times, I'm not taking it... and I'd like to meet the guy that would lol.

The o
Okay, so I did a dirty barrel cold bore shot at 700 yards. Then followed it up with 2 more shots about 1-2 minutes apart. I'll document the cold bore hit for future comparison. Slightest left to right breeze that I didn't adjust for since I just wanted to see my grouping. I'll bump my BC down to raise group to the right height. So 4 1/2" group at 700 yards gives me .64 MOA. Including the cold bore, so things are shaping up decent đź‘Ť
View attachment 258001

View attachment 258003
The only thing I can add is I like shooting cold bore shots on all my hunting rifles. With that said I would shoot that same distance again reason being you have 4" of vertical change there. I like all of mine to pretty much have the same vertical or close. Granted your at 700 yards and that work at that range. Get to 1000 and that could be a bad hit on your 2nd and 3rd follow ups. Of course I'm sure you will only need one shot like Butterbean lol. Just a thought. Any chance you maybe had your shooting form a little different on 2 and 3???

Nah...Just average...
My Bad

laugh.gif

The o

The only thing I can add is I like shooting cold bore shots on all my hunting rifles. With that said I would shoot that same distance again reason being you have 4" of vertical change there. I like all of mine to pretty much have the same vertical or close. Granted your at 700 yards and that work at that range. Get to 1000 and that could be a bad hit on your 2nd and 3rd follow ups. Of course I'm sure you will only need one shot like Butterbean lol. Just a thought. Any chance you maybe had your shooting form a little different on 2 and 3???
He said he was going to adjust hi BC to correct the POI, And just so everyone knows I'm a 3/4 MOA shooter at my best

yeah but thats in 25mph variable winds at 100 degrees and at 1000 with your neighbors rifle oh yeah and hungover

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts