Are you ready?

StayHome.jpg

Please #StayHomeMN #covid #FlattenTheCurve @AbbottHospital

Had a buddy got tick fever 25 years ago it took them weeks to figure out what was wrong with him dang near killed him
I just thought it was heat stroke feeling nauseous throwing up it was very hot at that time working outside a lot but when I got stomach cramps and other symptoms I went to see the doc they suspected it and started me on anabiotic's and later bloodwork confirmed it but that was nine days before I sought treatment on the Internet I think it says after 5 to 7 days it can be fatal. I'm old and grouchy but still tough enough I guess

I just thought it was heat stroke feeling nauseous throwing up it was very hot at that time working outside a lot but when I got stomach cramps and other symptoms I went to see the doc they suspected it and started me on anabiotic's and later bloodwork confirmed it but that was nine days before I sought treatment on the Internet I think it says after 5 to 7 days it can be fatal. I'm old and grouchy but still tough enough I guess
I got colorado tick fever a few years ago. Got bit by a tick during the spring bear hunt. Worst pain I have ever experienced - aches and pains in my neck and back and joints were insane...i squirmed around for a week, felt better for a couple days and then it came back way worse for another week.

I find irony in most situations brothers....my 3 kids are quarantined to home...Karate gets gets cancelled for 1week & somehow all their Christmas presents are destroyed down to nothing....There is broken plastic everywhere in my house from stuff made in China because of a virus made in China...🤔

Never had limes disease but last year I went through Rocky Mountain spotted fever that was rough at one point I almost thought I was dying

Bill,

My job and hobbies keep me outside basicly 365 days out of the year, my associates much the same. One associate got R.M.S. Fever, it almost killed him. I've been thru the treatment for Lymes disease and the strong antibiotics after a few days gave me the "screaming willies", it was no fun knowing what was coming for the several days ahead.

I said all that to say this, get you some Permethrin spray! Read the directions and follow. This stuff does not break me out with skin contact, one son gets hives all over with skin contact (Before it dries on clothing). This is the only thing that will keep ticks off you. 100% deet works fairly well but Nothing like Permethrin, plus once your clothes are treated, it lasts thru a wash or two. However I always sparingly reapply every outting.
Hope this helps!

Bill,

My job and hobbies keep me outside basicly 365 days out of the year, my associates much the same. One associate got R.M.S. Fever, it almost killed him. I've been thru the treatment for Lymes disease and the strong antibiotics after a few days gave me the "screaming willies", it was no fun knowing what was coming for the several days ahead.

I said all that to say this, get you some Permethrin spray! Read the directions and follow. This stuff does not break me out with skin contact, one son gets hives all over with skin contact (Before it dries on clothing). This is the only thing that will keep ticks off you. 100% deet works fairly well but Nothing like Permethrin, plus once your clothes are treated, it lasts thru a wash or two. However I always sparingly reapply every outting.
Hope this helps!
That is very good advice
9B1030CC-9045-4CB8-8025-0A1EB161887D.jpeg
9B1030CC-9045-4CB8-8025-0A1EB161887D.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.