Are these things legit?

As a firearms and suppressor manufacturer who is well aware of NFA laws, i will say your solvent traps are walking the edge of a very fine line.

If you get caught with one of these and face prosecution, the odds are not in your favor.

The only thing on your side is that so many folks are doing it the ATF cant keep up.

The terms "firearm silencer" and "firearm muffler" mean any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm, including any combination of parts, designed or redesigned, and intended for use in assembling or fabricating a firearm silencer or firearm muffler, and any part intended only for use in such assembly or fabrication.

Time savings is key to a lot of people, especially right now with all the change coming in. I'm at over a year currently waiting for a form 4 to be approved. My longest to date, shortest was 10 mos.
I agree. I have one each for most of my guns. 10 years ago it took 4 months, my last one was 18 months.

i've seen reviews for these solvent traps. i dont think i'd waste a $200 stamp for one unless it was going on a rimfire gun. there's no way they're going to hold up in the long run. before all this covid and election panic, you could get a 5.56 suppressor for $300 if you caught the right sale. i'd rather use the stamp on something that will last.

Go to https://form1suppressor.boards.net/ for lots of info. I built my own with screw caps on both ends so that if I wanted to I could remove the suppressor cap and put on a closed end for catching cleaning fluid. I used a taper-mount brake from Griffin Armament and now I use my .308 suppressor on both my 300 BLK and my 6mm Creedmoor. I found the Creedmoor shoots better with the suppressor on than off. The solvent traps are legitimate as long as there's no hole in the end AND YOU DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER CAP WITH A HOLE IN THE END THAT WOULD FIT. That last point is very important as constructive possession can indeed land you in trouble even if you're not doing anything actually wrong. If you're looking at this for cleaning, it'll work. If you're thinking of building your own suppressor, you'll want better materials. If the latter, check out the first link above for a great group of folks that will get you on the right path.
GONE!

In accordance with Section 25(a) of the ProBoards Terms of Service, this forum has been taken offline.