Are there good, lightweight scopes with reliable tracking?

J3n

I've been looking around trying to a find a scope under 20oz for a lightweight setup. I see two frequently mentioned for this: the Leupold VX-5HD and the Swarovski z5. However, both have many reports of tracking issues either with wandering from vertical zero, being off 1/2MOA or more on horizontal dialing, returning to zero, or any combination of the above. Are there any out there that are durable and reliable in tracking, similar to Nightforce? I could get a Nighforce NX8 2.5-20 but it's 28oz (and FFP where I'm sure SFP would work fine for hunting) and if I can drop 1/2lb through a lightweight scope I'd prefer it. Any recommendations?

What's your budget? I would look at the new vortex razor lht, or March if it's in your price range.

Imo no one has had an LHT long enough to recommend one as "reliable" if that's the main consideration in the purchase, if you're willing to find out yourself it fits well

at this point I think march may be the only option For high mag, if you want low mag and cheaper swfa 3-9hd

Lol guess I never thought of it that way. Just was thinking the old razor was a good design never really bad issues so thought it would be a good recommendation. Also think maybe an older zeiss hd5 with the target turrets might be a good option.

Imo no one has had an LHT long enough to recommend one as "reliable" if that's the main consideration in the purchase, if you're willing to find out yourself it fits well

at this point I think march may be the only option For high mag, if you want low mag and cheaper swfa 3-9hd
The SWFA 3-9 HD is a heck of a scope for the money

IF you are building a hunting rifle, there is no need for hyper accurate tracking as you won't be dialing. Get a high quality fixed or FFP variable with a ballistic holdover reticle. The Trijicon Credo 2-10x36mm Riflescope, is 24 oz, FFP, great reticle and you can dial if you wish.

I would vouch for the trijicon series too. Has anybody tried the Burris signature series?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.