Are pillars all the same?

dodgefreak8

I am getting ready to order a manners stock and I noticed they will install badger pillars. I am going with a seekins DBM (if I can get it) and I was just wondering will the pillars manners installs work with the seekins DBM??

First off... A stock manufacturer cannot properly install pillars without having your action. Notice, I said properly. That's like bedding the stock without having your barreled action.... I know pillars are installed by manufacturers all the time, and I guess it's accepted for a run of the mill build, just not desirable for a complete custom.....
If you are planning to use the Seekins DBM, then use the pillars that come with it. Just order the stock without the pillars.

When a manufacturer designs a particular style of bottom metal, whether it is a DBM or standard floor plate design, the pillars are a crucial part as they set the distance of the bottom metal to the action. You may run into feeding issues if you do not use the pillars that are designed for the application.
I make my own pillars, but I make them to the specs of the ones that are included by the manufacturer of the bottom metal.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.