Are faster bullets easier to shoot?

If your tense, you won't shoot well, sounds like your anticipating the loud boom and recoil. I have found that holding to tight against shoulder makes recoil more felt but that's just me. For the 22, might be habit from the bigger ones. Like above fit , stock shape ect

Okay, you guys bring up some good points. I am shooting the .22 rimfire at 50 yards and the centerfire cartridges at 100 yards in my examples. The cartridges I used as examples are cartridges I shoot in rifles that shoot very well if I do my part. I realize I am the biggest unknown of the whole thing. The centerfire cartridges are hand loads that were developed for the appropriate rifle.

I believe I have trouble remaining relaxed and still when the shot breaks. Call it a flinch, or whatever, it happens. I can dry fire and remain still and not blink but when I know there's a live round in the chamber, then the tension builds. The trigger even feels heavier for me when I need to release the shot on a live round.

That said, there are times I can release a few shots while being still and make some nice tiny groups. But I'm not able to do that on demand.
I think you have really answered your own question. Sounds to me like the problem is largely mental/psychological in nature. Practice good form with all of your rifles and above all, relax. Slow down your breathing and heart rate, etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.