Are all new bows the same?

Whitetails45

It seems to me all the bows coming out are the same as previous years. Just little changes like the name and camo. Does anyone else feel this way?

It seems to me all the bows coming out are the same as previous years. Just little changes like the name and camo. Does anyone else feel this way?
Certain models of particular makes of bows DO come out every year with the only being different is camo colors usually. They keep them as long as they stay popular and sell. An example is the Eva Shockey by bowtech. It hasn't changed a single spec since 2015?

Black Widow recurves have been the same for decades. Their deal is quality and attention to detail, not innovation. Sharp broadheads accurately placed kill animals. Heavy arrows don't hurt either.

I actually shoot a compound bow I have only had one recurve in my life it was rather light at 40 pounds Draw but I loved the weight of the bow I noticed when learning to shoot instinctive a little more it affected my draw and hold with my compound but I am thinking of going back to a recurve mostly due to the weight of the bow as I get older but I must find that balance between actual bow weight and draw weight I think of some thing at 50 to 55 pound draw weight might be the ticket

If you do think about going back to a recurve, you might try pulling and anchoring the string a few times. Most folks that switch usually seem to do well at 10-15 lbs below what they were shooting with their compounds. Sometimes I'll even pick one of my heavier longbows to shoot during the summer so that when fall and cold weather get here I'll drop down to a lighter bow so my form and ease of pulling stay good. For me it makes it easier that way. But when I first pick up the heavy longbow it takes me a week or two to get my form/ release going because of the heavier weight. Good luck lots of traditional bows out there. View attachment 194596
86BCC0EB-D7D0-4E17-86C5-555CFAB2D0AB.jpeg
86BCC0EB-D7D0-4E17-86C5-555CFAB2D0AB.jpeg

That should be good then. I still shoot recurves but I love to shoot straight handle longbows even more. For me I like 66-70 inch bows as they pull smooth and don't seem the weight, always feel lighter. A straight handle bow you can't torque the handle like you can a pistol grip bow. I can wear a mitten on the bow hand in winter and shoot just fine. The long lenght doesn't get in the way as I cant my bow when I shoot. Some say they cause hand shock and they can,but you shoot a longbow with your elbow slightly bent as that takes up that shock. If you get a chance try one sometime

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.