Arca rail to Mesa Stock

ridgeline300

Anybody added an arca rail to a mesa precision or AG Composites stock? Wanting to mount one as close to the bottom metal as possible to be able to run the gun on a tripod. If so, how hard was it?

I've made several arca rails that mount using the existing two swivel stud threaded inserts. That's super easy. You can do the same thing but locate new inserts closer to your bottom metal. I've done this to an AG composite stock as well. I've thought about making an arca rail that interfaces with the front action screw but not sure its worth the effort over installing a threaded insert.
I make low profile rails that are easier on the hands when carrying or grasping. PM me and I can send you more info.

I used a drill press to sink some t nuts into the barrel channel and an area 419 plate let's you set it pretty close to the bottom metal while keeping your hole a comfortable distance from recoil lug. Wasn't too hard. Maybe took 30 min start to finish. Pretty much plan on running this set up on all my hunting rifles

Attachments

• 40EB6275-4F0C-4EEF-B4C7-2D36752B58BD.jpeg
    40EB6275-4F0C-4EEF-B4C7-2D36752B58BD.jpeg
    335.7 KB · Views: 369
  • 199F9B36-198A-485F-9FB2-B0D7FDDD9AA4.jpeg
    199F9B36-198A-485F-9FB2-B0D7FDDD9AA4.jpeg
    439.9 KB · Views: 694
I used a drill press to sink some t nuts into the barrel channel and an area 419 plate let's you set it pretty close to the bottom metal while keeping your hole a comfortable distance from recoil lug. Wasn't too hard. Maybe took 30 min start to finish. Pretty much plan on running this set up on all my hunting rifles

What tripod are you running there?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.