ARC Coup De Grace

What am I missing about this bolt handle? I find the conventional knob convenient in my hand to lift, withdraw, push forward and drop. Is this handle convenient for these actions? Are there two knobs? Are you supposed to put a finger between them? Do they turn?

It's a nice looking action, but that bolt knob is a puzzlement.

They got you to comment on that feature and it does help to remember which was which; after looking at several gunmaker's websites in a row. As a shooter, a carpenter and someone who has been alive for sixty years; I cannot see a practical application for this knob but … it gets attention and sticks in your mind for a while.

They got you to comment on that feature and it does help to remember which was which; after looking at several gunmaker's websites in a row. As a shooter, a carpenter and someone who has been alive for sixty years; I cannot see a practical application for this knob but … it gets attention and sticks in your mind for a while.
It's as simple as your finger rides in the groove so you can sweep the bolt

After actually use that bolt for a year, I can say it is quite ergonomic and fast. I like my Nucleus a lot. This new one will be very nice I am sure.

What am I missing about this bolt handle? I find the conventional knob convenient in my hand to lift, withdraw, push forward and drop. Is this handle convenient for these actions? Are there two knobs? Are you supposed to put a finger between them? Do they turn?

It's a nice looking action, but that bolt knob is a puzzlement.

It's the most convenient design for simply using your finger to manipulate the bolt without holding onto the bolt knob. Rather than grabbing the bolt you simply sweep your hand up to lift the bolt, pull it back with the trigger finger and then hook it back to close with your thumb. It puts the leverage out at the end of the bolt where it works best and I find it much more convenient and faster compared to any other bolt knob I've tried.

If you've ever seen this guy shoot you know how fast the ball is.
ball.jpg

It's as simple as your finger rides in the groove so you can sweep the bolt
If it works for you, that is good. My comment is based on my experience of using hand and machine tools, in workshops, on site, at home and (for twelve years) as a TF (part time) Royal New Zealand Engineer, in all weather conditions; and sometimes with minimal sleep for several days in a row. I see no obvious merit in the above mentioned ARC bolt knob and you do see merit. Have a good weekend.

If it works for you, that is good. My comment is based on my experience of using hand and machine tools, in workshops, on site, at home and (for twelve years) as a TF (part time) Royal New Zealand Engineer, in all weather conditions; and sometimes with minimal sleep for several days in a row. I see no obvious merit in the above mentioned ARC bolt knob and you do see merit. Have a good weekend.
Fantastic resume, sir. I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. It was raining as well. Not sure what all that has to do with the simple fact of me explaining a practical application of the bolt knob.

If you've ever seen this guy shoot you know how fast the ball is.
View attachment 427216

If you look at the profile of the ARC knob it is a ball with the center turned down, I can grab the ARC one and operate it the same way as the ball however to sweep the bolt with the ball on it requires you to put the leverage farther down the handle thereby increasing the force required to operate the bolt.

If you look at the profile of the ARC knob it is a ball with the center turned down, I can grab the ARC one and operate it the same way as the ball however to sweep the bolt with the ball on it requires you to put the leverage farther down the handle thereby increasing the force required to operate the bolt.
When Ted does something it always has a purpose. In this case it's all about functionality.