AR15 Deer Harvests Georgia

kwanjangnihm

Guys,

First year hunting with the AR15 platform. Did some research on which bullets to choose and finally came to purchase SSA 70gr TSX bullets. All the articles I read pointed to the tsx bullets as being the best for penetration & weight retention.

All I can say is WOW & DRT!! These bullets rock. We shot both bucks directly into the shoulder area, on purpose and the results speak for themselves.

The 9 pointer weighed right at 200#'s while the 6 pointer weighed 140#'s. Both were shot at 120 yards! Both bucks collapsed right on the spot!

Stag Arms Model 6 24" SS w/ Leupold 6.5x20x50 LRT M1.

This is my wife's first deer harvest!

cindybuck2012.jpg

buck2012.jpg

buck2012a.JPG

If you can kill pigs with 'em you can certainly kill deer with 'em. that 70 grain TSX will get it done. the 75 grain Swift Scirocco II has a very good reputation too. Anyway I can't wait to take my Rock River Arms hunting.

WOW ! and double WOW! Welcome to the fun of hunting with ARs! I didn't know Ga. had deer that big. Congrats! Here in Va. we aren't allowed to hunt with any bullet smaller than .233 cal. which really means you have to use a .243 or larger. I'm really into ARs and getting set to have a 6.5 Grendel built. RDSii64 is right, the 223 with good bullets will hammer pigs!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.