Ar15 6.5 Grendel scope advice

specter29

I picked up a 6.5 Grendel from a friend and need recommendations on a scope for for it looking at something less than 10 power. It will be used to complement my 26" 22-250 Ackley rifle for coyote hunting this will be more of a dedicated woods/truck rifle.

Have you looked at the ATN digital scopes? They would do Night vision as well as day time, the new version has HD color and tons of options to go with it for 699.00.

Have you looked at the ATN digital scopes? They would do Night vision as well as day time, the new version has HD color and tons of options to go with it for 699.00.
to be honest i was looking at the sightmark wraith but I dont really need nightvision and trying to keep weight of scope down. Not really a fan of ATN

to be honest i was looking at the sightmark wraith but I dont really need nightvision and trying to keep weight of scope down. Not really a fan of ATN
I have the Sightmark Photon 6x50 day an night, but the daytime is not that great, the new wraith looks to be good.

I put a Primary Arms 1-8 power with the ACSS reticle on my 18" barrel 6.5 Grendel that is my woods deer hunting rifle. It also has lighted reticle that you can dial down enough that it does not wash out your target in low light. If needed for quick up close daylight shots light the reticle fully with it set on 1 power and you have basically a red dot. This reticle also has a Christmas tree for dead on hold compensation when you zero it correctly for your load. I really like mine. It is clear and has plenty of power on 8 to shoot longer ranges. I have one of these in the 1-6 power on a A4 style 223 also. Oh, this scope is short and light but 30 mm.

I put a Primary Arms 1-8 power with the ACSS reticle on my 18" barrel 6.5 Grendel that is my woods deer hunting rifle. It also has lighted reticle that you can dial down enough that it does not wash out your target in low light. If needed for quick up close daylight shots light the reticle fully with it set on 1 power and you have basically a red dot. This reticle also has a Christmas tree for dead on hold compensation when you zero it correctly for your load. I really like mine. It is clear and has plenty of power on 8 to shoot longer ranges. I have one of these in the 1-6 power on a A4 style 223 also. Oh, this scope is short and light but 30 mm.
How is the Primary Arms in low light situations?

I can see past legal shooting time which is 30 minutes after "official sun down" just fine through the glass. I can see the reticle better by just turning on the lighted reticle on the lowest setting at last light. It is just enough light to see the reticle but does not wash out what you are aiming at. On the 1-8 scope I have it only lights up the open bottom circle and upside down V aiming point, On the 1-6 scope it lights up the whole Christmas tree.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.