AR10 - Buy or Build

Reviving my thread. I built a 338 Lapua, still have an AR itch. Would be using a suppressor.

This has caught my eye and more affordable than a Nemo or Falkor.

https://pof-usa.com/p300/

Does anyone have one?

My other caliber choice in an AR would be either a 6/6.5 Creedmore.

Thanks

I would sell you my ar 10 for a good price. It'll be as accurate as any gas 308 and has an AAC suppressor mount already on it!!:D

I had one in 6.5 Creed. 24" Critierion barrel. Too heavy to be handy and since I have a Lapua that weighs the same I got rid of it. Nice for second round capability but I can run a bolt fast also. The AR-10 is just too big too be handy for me personally.
I'm going to build a 6.5 or 7 WSSM on the 15 platform. I wanted a walking/offhand rig and a bull barrel AR-10 wasn't it. If you hunt from a static position it might be perfect.
Mine did shoot well. Shot .5 MOA out to 1200 or so with a 143ELDX and did a decent job killing. I think I'm just a 338 guy in the end.

I like radical firearms. They make prettt solid rifles for cheap. The only issue is they stay within the 5.56 family size of cartridges. Here's a 6.5 Grendel for sale. You can also just buy uppers from them.

6.5 Grendel Rifles

I just built a Stag Model 10 with a barrel from Mike at DTech. Comparing it to a comparable Seekins, I saved several hundred dollars. The key was taking my time and buying the parts on sale from the Stag website or my local dealer. The DTech barrel, including squaring the barrel to the receiver, was the single most expensive part. But that included fluting, lightweight profile and threaded muzzle. First trip to the range was shooting bugholes.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.