AR10 barrels

Anyone know who makes a decent 24" 6.5 Creedmoor AR10 barrel?

Anyone here use the carbon fiber AR10 barrels? How do they perform?

I am pretty sure at this point that I have a bad barrel on the Seekins Precision AR10 that I have.
Proof Research makes a 20", 22" and 24". All are a +2 rifle length gas system so you may need a longer gas tube than you currently have and they use a .875" gas journal diameter so likely need a new gas block as well. I have one of their 20" Carbon Fiber barrels and the accuracy is incredible and the weight savings is a plus. Coyotes don't care for it though.

Attachments

• IMG_3227.JPG
    IMG_3227.JPG
    940.9 KB · Views: 144
There's a lot of good 6.5 CM/308 barrel makers but with carbon fiber barrels weight saving...I first installed a Ballistic Advantage barrel bringing the total weight of 15 pounds w/20" barrel but it is an accurate barrel just too heavy.

My 6.5CM barrel is a Satern. Bought it based on the advice of a friend who has many of their barrels and shoots them regularly in LR comps.

I've really liked the small bore barrels that I've bought from this line.
Are you into reload? If so, what powder or powders have you tried?

That's a little surprising to hear because generally the Seekins SP10 in 6.5 Creedmoor shoots extremely well. I know Seekins uses Rock Creek barrels and they're a good piece. Have you talked to Seekins about it?

My Seekins SP10 started life as a 308 and I just put a 22in. Proof Research carbon barrel on it but I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet so I don't know how well it's going to shoot. Others I've talked to that put Proof CF wrapped barrels on their AR10's were very happy so I'm optimistic it'll shoot well.

I would buy a Seekins if Aero M5E1 wasn't such a good gun. Krieger makes good 22 & 24" barrels, but I would go rifle +2 on the port and use a good adjustable gas block.

I started with the favorite powder for the Creedmoor H4350 the barrel did not like H4350, I changed to Reloder16 and RL17 liked both but it appears that RL16 to be best of the two powers...the container temperature stability (TZ TECHNOLOGY). I have settled on 130 grains bullet by Hornady/Berger bullets. AR-10s, I have found that they are picky, so I installed an adjustable gas block.

I am going to build an upper with a 25 Creedmoor 1/7.25" BSF 22" barrel. It will outperform any cartridge in a .308 size case long distance with a 131 gr. ACE Blackjack bullet. 2950 FPS without pressure will go a long way with a .345
G-7 B.C.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts