AR-15 Triggers

BigSkyGP

I know there are lots of options, timminey, charles daley, etc.

I went with RRA two stage, because of the money, 3 times now. On one I had to adjust the trigger to fit the safety's barrel. I love em, crispy!

Just bought a Stag arms M6 and I am wanting to know can I go to a lighter spring and still keep the two stage comp trigger the gun came with?? I breaks now at 3.7 lbs.

Thanks Wolverine, I'll keep that in mind!

I started this thread, to stir up the pot and get some options flowing in this AR15/10 business.

I've seen the regular triggers, set up with engagement stops, and overtravel stops, and tuned up nicely. Even they aren't hard to work on correctly/safely.

rpainter- I'm not sure what Stag put in your rifle. Sounds like a nice trigger already. I'm sure some serious TLC could make it nicer, careful though you don't want to make it unsafe. I would try some good rifle grease on the pins, and sear surfaces, and see what that gets you without modifying anything.

Last edited:
FWIW --

I went with a Geissele Super 3 Gun (S3G) for my son's carbine. It was a simple install and is a very nice trigger. But, I really only have the original sluggish DPMS trigger to compare it to in terms of an AR rifle.

My brother has one of the Geissele 2 Stage triggers that he likes a lot. I think his AR is a Daniels Defense.

-- richard

I know there are lots of options, timminey, charles daley, etc.

I went with RRA two stage, because of the money, 3 times now. On one I had to adjust the trigger to fit the safety's barrel. I love em, crispy!

All of my AR's now have the RRA NM two stage triggers. For the price and functionality, they can't be beat IMHO.

I installed a Chip McCormick flat tactical on my .308 gas gun and it is the best AR trigger I have ever felt. Breaks beautifully at 3.5#'s.

I mostly use RRA and Armalite two stage match triggers. The Armalite match is identical to the tactical match only it's much more expensive and has lighter springs. With a little tweaking here and there and a bit of honing they all end up very crisp and light enough for precision shooting. I have used Giessele triggers on a few builds and they are very good but spendy. Much easier to adjust, but once the others are re-worked, there's not much difference between them IMO.

I mostly use RRA and Armalite two stage match triggers. The Armalite match is identical to the tactical match only it's much more expensive and has lighter springs. With a little tweaking here and there and a bit of honing they all end up very crisp and light enough for precision shooting. I have used Giessele triggers on a few builds and they are very good but spendy. Much easier to adjust, but once the others are re-worked, there's not much difference between them IMO.
Can anyone point me to how to adjust or hone my two stage trigger from stag arms???

IMO, if you have to ask how to hone a trigger, you should not be doing it. Take it to a pro and have it done correctly. The cost of a trigger job is a whole bunch less than shooting someone or getting shot.

IMO, if you have to ask how to hone a trigger, you should not be doing it. Take it to a pro and have it done correctly. The cost of a trigger job is a whole bunch less than shooting someone or getting shot.
Did not ask for you opinion I have talked to two diferent guns shops and one gunsmith and they both told me that polishing a match trigger is kinda a waste of time. Shooting the gun a lot adn breaking the trigger in would be better. So what is done to the trigger when you polish and/or hone it??

Did not ask for you opinion I have talked to two diferent guns shops and one gunsmith and they both told me that polishing a match trigger is kinda a waste of time. Shooting the gun a lot adn breaking the trigger in would be better. So what is done to the trigger when you polish and/or hone it??

rpainter- I'm not sure what Stag put in your rifle. Sounds like a nice trigger already. I'm sure some serious TLC could make it nicer, careful though you don't want to make it unsafe. I would try some good rifle grease on the pins, and sear surfaces, and see what that gets you without modifying anything.

This is my recomendation, and it won't have you shooting any one by accident. If you are not failiar with stoning triggers, get familiar with what happens when people who don't, and try it. It's never pretty.

I've seen too many so called gunsmiths crappy trigger work. That I wouldn't want you to screw up an already nice trigger. Leave the stoning to someone who has a good reputation.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.