AR-15 Triggers

BMP, I really am interested in your spring work. You said you used a custom wound spring in the disconnect? I've only been using one from Brownells and it doesn't last long enough. That's all I do, too. I don't have the knowledge to mess with the other spring on the trigger. But, by using a lighter(?) spring in the disconnect, I can reduce the 2nd stage to about 3 lbs. Sure beats the 6 to 7 lbs. of the orginal ! My question to you is where to get better springs ? You can email me if you want .

RRA Match two stage with JP springs in two rifles, Jewel in one, and a Geiselle DM Enhanced in one. RRA with light springs performs similarly with same pull weight as the Geiselle for half the price, but use the Geiselle in my tactical rifle because of the stronger hammer force for hard primer ammo. Jewel is a nice trigger that can be tuned and set to a reliable pull down to about 2 pounds. I find that I shoot best with the RRA prefering it for precision shooting with my heavy barrel AR's.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.