AR-15 slop fix

Yes their shelves are probably bare, I was thinking about that rumor you heard and I think it's true, if buying a second AR-15 and it is sloppy you're probably not going the be happy, I wouldn't but maybe some wouldn't care. No thanks!

Not a bad idea but spring still flexes under recoil, maybe fitting fat pin in there instead of spring and sanding it down till it fits just right to eliminate slop.
Agreed, if you use the wrong type of spring. It's important to use a pretty stif spring, so that when compressed with the upper pinned, is near the end of its travel. Did quite a bit of shooting/testing with this set-up and was I able to get consistent POI and .25-.5MOA precision over a several year period. I do prefer the Accu-Wdge system I noted earlier in this thread. It uses a fairly large surface area, metal shimming system that the user sand/calibrates fir an exact fit. I have had a couple in my AR-15's for about a dozen years and they are still tight. Unfortunately, it is only made for the Mil-Soec receivers.

Not a bad idea but spring still flexes under recoil, maybe fitting fat pin in there instead of spring and sanding it down till it fits just right to eliminate slop.
True but the rubber absorbs nearly all of that energy so it's not adding any significant wear.

It's the same reason we run impact bushings in a lot of semi autos, to prevent the slide, bolt/bolt carrier from slamming backstriking metal on metal at the stop.

1911's and Ruger Mini's as well as M1 A's are three good examples.

There are lots of good ways to handle this tpye of wear, many very inexpensive and uncomplicated.

hence why both of my AR308's in 6, 6.5 Creed are both made from Aero Precision upper/lower builder sets. If there's any slop, the bullets can't tell😂

Or you can get lower like aero precision that uses tension screws so you can always adjust the slop out if it starts to get some after a while.
To be fair, the JT Tactical has the same tension screw, I think the additional benefit of matched sets is a snug initial fit.

Aero has matched sets as well, but I often wonder how diligent they police the initial fit, I have bought several matched sets and they are no tighter than sets bought/made separately.