ar (15) pistol question

vendetta333

is it possible to build a DI ar pistol with no buffer tube? i looked into the GunSmokeEnterprises gen one very short buffer for an upcoming build, god i love being able to say that (just got a new job thank god), but even with a 7.5" barrel this setup still wont fit in the back pack im getting, and it its the largest regular back pack that Maxpedition makes. they make a messenger bag that might be all right but not really the method of carry i prefer. all info appreciated!

want to stay as close to the original ar design as possible for reliability, and legality if i ever god forbid need to use it for self deffense. saw the guys custom setup and loved it. i could easily make that as i am now studying to be a machinist. but again god forbid i needed it, home made firearms parts are courtroom nightmares. anyone got anything else? thanx!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.