AR 15 Operation

J E Custom

Every now and then I find a really good Video On a topic that will/should help some of the membership "AND THIS IS ONE".

Most gunsmiths know and understand how they work but there are many Owners of this type of rifle that doesn't truly understand all of the workings and this should help them understand and maintain there rifle in good working order. So a smith doesn't have to fix something that could have been prevented and spend your hard earned money.

Enjoy !!

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
when people ask me which AR they should buy, i always tell them to piece one together and offer to assist them in doing so. that way they know how the thing works and what to check for when there's a malfunction. then you realize an AR is just a conglomeration of springs and detents working in harmony to put rounds down range.

I see so many rush into gun ownership without understanding the basics and often causing basic preventable problems. I agree with 762x51, I like offering to build one with people rather than buy off the rack so others learn a little bit.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts