AR-15 flat top scope mount questions

rpainter

I just got my stag arms M6 in and had a few questions about it. First I mounteda old scope I had here to see if I would run into any problems until my new scopoe gets here. But I noticed that I am either going to need taller rings or a rail mount riser. Which one would be more stable? Also the rear of the scope is directly over the charge handle so will the riser allow me to push the scope further forward>> If so could you guys that have guns similar to this post up a few pics please:D Thanks Rob

Best way I've found is get a one piece forward offset 1.5" high mount.

There are many variations and brands of the one piece offset mounts nowdays. AR15 One-Piece Mounts

They support the scope better (more centered on the scope), allow for proper cheek weld and eye relief, and easily changed from one gun to another. I've tried the 1/2" risers, tried super tall rings, and tried these. IMO, these are by far the best way to go.

PICT0056.jpg

As you can see in the photo, If I was using a riser or rings, the front ring would be really close to the turret. This leaves alot of scope unsupported.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.