AR-15 Case

Varmint Hunter

I'm really not a "black gun" kind of guy but I bought one on the day after Obummer got elected. The Rick River Predator Pursuit has been sitting in the original box since the day I bought.
Well ....... I finally decided to give the whole AR thing a try. The rifle is now cleaned, lubed and ready to go. I added a 4x12 Nikon which I had around onto a RR riser and will be shooting the rifle as soon as the weather breaks.
Unfortunately, none of my rifle cases fit the profile of this rifle. I would like a high quality case and don't know what to look for.
Any suggestions?

That Midway dragbag is great,, if you squat to pee that is. You need to look at the tac force RDT Bag. Your carbine goes in the lower compartment while your LBV plate carrier, ACH, NVG, Smoke Grenades and other mission gear goes up top. Definately a must have for a low drag, high speed operator.

TAC Force - R.D.T. Bags

That Midway dragbag is great,, if you squat to pee that is. You need to look at the tac force RDT Bag. Your carbine goes in the lower compartment while your LBV plate carrier, ACH, NVG, Smoke Grenades and other mission gear goes up top. Definately a must have for a low drag, high speed operator.

TAC Force - R.D.T. Bags

****....room for your cookstove, hip boots, and 4 cases of ammo!!lightbulb

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Varmint Hunter, all seriousness aside.. Most of the tactical rifle bags will accomodate an average length AR with optics, and will have pockets for mags etc...

Any gun shop worth its salt that sells AR's should have some variant of these on the shelf so you dont have to pay shipping and handling.

I own 2 Drago single gun cases, (1-36" & 1-42") which originally fit the bill for my needs. I picked up a Bulldog Ultra compact case a little over a year ago and liked it so much I bought 2 more.

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...ra-compact-discreet-rifle-case-prod41025.aspx

It is obviously a breakdown case and I am able to get a complete 18" barreled upper with a Nightforce 3.5x15x56 scope mounted on one side, and on the other side the complete lower w/mag. Their are 2 pouches for storage that will accommodate 2 - 30 mags.

If I do not want to screw around with attaching the upper to the lower I will use one of my Drago cases, but 99% of the time this is not an issue. YMMV

The is case I use Blackhawk drag bag very nice case

Military also uses this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 84
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.