AR-10 for Long Range?

adam32

Has anyone tried it yet? I found another "loophole" in these CA laws, so I might be getting an AR-10 lower. I was thinking about making it either a 270 WSM or a 7mm WSM and shooting Bergers out of it.

Good idea or no?

I had an AR-10T for a while from Armalite , it was a consistant 3/4 MOA gun out 600yds with factory Federal ammo.

I shoot with a guy that has anAR-10 built on the 300 RSUM , not sure who barreld it but it accurate , probably in the 1/2 moa range , he has a 28" 1-15" twist cause all he shoots is 110 V-max and 125gr Ballistic tips , the whole gun weighs about 18lbs.

the AR-10 are a decient guns , if ihad to get an auto thats what I would get , but I might convert it over to the gas piston system

Well, I found a stripped CA legal lower, but they want $475 for it. So, I'm going to have to think about this one...

I have the Fulton Armory .308 Titan and I love it. DPMS and people like Accuracy Systems Inc. make AR's in Mag calibers. I myself am a diehard .308 fan.

The guy next door builds them.

DPMS offers a Panther LR-30S that is chambered in the 300SAUM. I beleive it is around $1400 or so. The only problem is ordering them. THe waite time is bad but you may be able to find one sitting at a distributer.

I'm limited to either a Vulcan or maybe a Fulton (law is kinda iffy) since I am in California. And they want $475 for a stripped Vulcan lower. :mad:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.