AR 10 Build

WVGuns

Hey guys and gals of course. I've decided to build an AR-10 but i'm really in uncharted waters here. What do guys recommend as far as a good kit, or should i parts from different places. I wanna keep this simple and inexpensive for my first build. Your thoughts?????

First good luck getting a lower. Get that first for the serial#. That is what will count if the ban goes through. After that I would check out palmmeadow state armory, and just slowly build with parts. Wont save a ton of money but you will get what you want.

I think so to. Ive got six 15 lowers that should be in in two weeks. Also had to buy five 30 round mags metal milspec but they will have to work. Good luck.

JD Machine is the only lowers I've found at a reasonable price $389.00 shipping in Feb, that is stripped. Should've bought some CMMG ones before Christmas $385.00 complete, good luck on the sear and build.

Well what are you planning on using this on/for? How much do you want to spend? The AR-10 is not as "standard" as the ar-15 as far as parts interchangeability. Alot of manufactures parts are proprietary. Now i would suggest that you look into the DPMS rifles/kits. Keep in mind that if you are thinking you will save money and by parts and assemble them yourself let me assure you it will not save you money. They offer there rifles for just as good as you can build it for plus you have to obtain the tools to build one(ie barrel wrench,torque wrench,action vise). DPMS is the best bang for your buck so to speak and i would start with one of there LR260 or 6.5 creed. Parts availability (not now but) is usually good and price is great. All the ar-10 i have built have been of the DPMS style and all have been great shooters with proper assembly and good load development.

Thanks guys for the great info. The whole price thing isn't what i'm after here,for me its just the satifaction of knowing that i assembled this gun....Maybe im weird but i enjoy doing things the hard way. The AR craze is definatly making it difficult to find parts kits...etc. I am a FFL and even my suppliers get a good laugh when i ask about availibility. Great info and keep it coming.

I went the high road on my last two AR-10 clone builds. where I saved money was contouring the barrel and chambering it my self. JD is good reciever! I went with Meag Arms set because of the universal tools used. (can use DPMS or Armalite parts) I use JP rifles BCGs. yes these cost but I like the relablilty. My triggers are CMC out of Texas. One piece drop ins.

Rhino55gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts