• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED APS 7mm Allen Mag for sale

tonyo

APS 7mm Allen Mag for sale - SPF

Sold pending funds - Thanks

I am listing this gun for a friend, please direct any questions to...

[email protected]

This is a as new condition 7mm Allen Mag, fully custom built by Kirby Allen. It is a 338 Lapua necked down to 7mm. As you know this is a very extreme long range gun. Build time was 18 months for this gun. This rifle is capable of 1/4 MOA groups with either MatchKings or Berger bullets.gun)

General specs as follows:
Nesika Action
Nesika 20 MOA Rail
Jewel Trigger at 16 ounces
HS Detatchable Magazine
McMillan A-5 Stock
30" Lilja 1-9 twist Barrel
Defensive Edge Muzzle Break

This rifle weighs approx 12.5 - 13lbs as is. It has been fired approx 100 times. Included in the sale will be the custom made Forester dies, Approx 56 loaded rounds with Berger 180 bullets, Approx 150 fire formed Lapua brass ready to go, and 8 lbs of WC872 powder.

This is a true long range gun with 1 mile capabilities. This gun is in perfect condition with NO marks on it. I will also pass on all load development info with purchase.

Looking for $4,200.00 includes shipping to your FFL.

Not interested in any trades at this time - Thanks

Enjoy...

Sorry the picture quality is not the best, I think my email is downsizing the file size???

PICT0786.jpg

PICT0792.jpg

PICT0791.jpg

PICT0789.jpg

PICT0787.jpg

Last edited:
Bump for a very nice rifle at a great price. If I didn't have most of my parts for my build I'd take this off your hands.

This gun is ready for some 1,000 yard Easter Egg "hunting" - any takers?:D

what velocity will it shoot a 180 berger at, and what advantage does this gun have over a .338 lapua improved if any, and how do you fire form other brass if you need it in the future. could this barrel be milled down and carbon wrapped in the future to save weight. thanksgun)

I don't know about a Berger, but mine will shoot a 175g SMK @ 3450. You can run the ballistics vs. the .338 Lapua Improved. It'll also shoot the 200g Wildcat bullets @ 3250 or so with a bc of .9.

I think any barrel can be turned down and carbon wrapped. The big question is will it keep the same accuracy after it's turned? I doubt it.

To fireform, you need to get the neck down to .284 first. The parent case is the .338 Lapua Mag.

Thanks for all the interest, sounds like we have a taker on the Easter Egg hunting.

Sold pending funds.

You can do this yourself very easily and the fireform rounds make excellent long range practice rounds, or.....you can buy cases that are already fireformed directly from Kirby.

Dick,
Would you choose this type of a 7mm lapua over a .338 lapua improved, I enjoy hunting mule deer with a rifle wondering why people would go to 7 lapua, instead of shooting improved with a 300 grain matchking.gun)

Dick,
Would you choose this type of a 7mm lapua over a .338 lapua improved, I enjoy hunting mule deer with a rifle wondering why people would go to 7 lapua, instead of shooting improved with a 300 grain matchking.gun)
You bet I would, and I did. I have the first 7mm AM out the door of APS and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. With the horsepower it's got, the right smith and the correct barrel and shooting the 200 grain Wildcats, you'd have to go to the 408 based 338s to equal it's long range capabilities.

You bet I would, and I did. I have the first 7mm AM out the door of APS and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. With the horsepower it's got, the right smith and the correct barrel and shooting the 200 grain Wildcats, you'd have to go to the 408 based 338s to equal it's long range capabilities.

Though I don't shoot a 7mm AM, I'm lugging a little bitty 270 AM around, when I was with a fellow up on the mountain who had the 7mm AM I felt just a little under gunned. He was getting maybe 250 FPS more out of a 200 class bullet that I was with a 195. I was a bit queezie about taking a 1400 + shot w/the 270 but had complete confidence in the 7mm AM w/the 200 class bullet. And this guy 'can' shoot.

I think that all that the 338/375-408 Improved cartridges have over the 7mm AM is a bit more energy. The 7 AM is probably as good as or possibly better on wind affects and trajectory and has 'enough' energy to do the job.

Just my opinion w/a little dreamin' thrown in.

Am I regretting having a 375 AM built. NAH! :)