• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED APS 338 Ultra Maxx for sale, very rare!!

I am sure the hang up with most is the unique chambering. If we were in an age when you could go anywhere and get a bag of 375 RUM brass to easily form 338 Ultra Maxx brass, I am sure it would have already sold.

Unfortunately, in the current political climate, that is just not the way it is and I am sure some are a bit nervous about getting a wildcat

THis is still a great deal however. Hopefully someone will eventually see it and it will fit their needs and jump on it.

There have only been three 338 Ultra Maxx rifles ever fired. One for the original customer that asked for this wildcat to be made, this rifle that is for sale and my test rifle. My test rifle has sense been rebarreled and is no longer in use.

You missed one Kirby! there is one more that I know of, you built Jeff an Ultra Maxx too.

Any how they do a fine job here is mine being used on a elk.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RD29c6w40w]Elk viewing!!! 320 yards... - YouTube[/ame]

Oops, my mistake, thanks for the correction.

If anyone likes the performance level of the 338 Allen Xpress, the 338 Ultra Maxx is **** near a ballistic twin.

some one is missing out on a great deal this is a great rifle I killed my elk with it last year at just under 1100yrds and used it on a few dogs and that's it it needs a new home

Kirby, what results were you getting at 1k with it?

I can not speak for the owner but when I got the rifle back in shop when he wanted me to help sell it, I accuracy tested the rifle again and in pretty poor conditions, it was easily holding WELL under 1 moa with most three shot groups at or under 3/4 moa.

Again, during this shooting session I was dealing with some pretty good variable crosswinds as well as some updrafts so I am confident in its accuracy potential.

I'll give this a bump for a great smith. Kirby is an honest stand up guy. He does not exaggerate. If he says he was able to get MOA out of this rig in bad conditions, I bet this rifle is a hummer. If I wasn't trying to save on my rifle/shooting budget by downsizing in caliber I would be all over this.