APR 6.5 PRC Rifle No. 3 w/ Berger 156 EOL's

Longtine88

A big Koodo's to APR for making great rifles. Just got finished with the 3rd rifle from them in a 6.5 PRC. After 3 powders settled in on one of my favorite powders for this caliber N560.

Alamo Precision Rifle
6.5 PRC
Defiance AntiX
Proof 24" Senderol 1:8
Berger 156
ADG Brass
210M Primer
N560 59.0 Grains 3,108 FPS Avg
0.010" off lands

5 Shot Group ES 11 SD 4.1

IMG_4215.jpeg

I have 3 of their rifles. 28 Nosler shoots under 0.1 moa, 7Saum shoots in the 0.2's and this one shooting in the 0.2's also.

Last edited:
Wow. You run 59gr with a 156 in that rifle? Run it with a can?

I went up to 58.2gr with a 135 and had slight ejector marks. I think me shooting when it was 90deg out and suppressed could have played a big factor with it as well.

Probably so. Those are cold bores. So my reloading shop is 50' from my bench. So I can bring the gun in and cool it in front of the AC to get it close to the climate I will be hunting in or atleast not above 80 degrees. I shoot when it's over a 100 degree's here like you have. But the cold bore shots and cooling off the gun and ammo helps me plan ahead in summer and continue to shoot.

The primers are just starting to kinda flatten at that load but that's it. I tend to stay to the higher side ususally. I just hunt with my rifles. So I can custom load them to how I hunt. N565, RL26, H1000 all pressured out before I got to 3,040. So I went with N560 that I use in others. Even use it in a 7saum. Love the powder. I know people wont use the V powders because of the corrosiveness especially the 500 series but again it's a hunting rifle. It will get shot maybe 20 times a year on average after I find it's load. The best node landed in 3 powder charges on it. Starting at 58.7, 59.0 and 59.3. In three shots on all of them there was not but 16 fps difference so I landed in the middle. Those three were the most accurate when I played up and down with the powder charges. As a matter of fact all 9 shots on those charges you could have covered up with a dime.

I'll be shooting it out to 1000 yards Saturday if the wind cooperates and I'll report my findings after that here.

No can. I do use a can on a 22" GAP that i get 3,001 fps with a can though.

A big Koodo's to APR for making great rifles. Just got finished with the 3rd rifle from them in a 6.5 PRC. After 3 powders settled in on one of my favorite powders for this caliber N560.

Alamo Precision Rifle
6.5 PRC
Defiance AntiX
Proof 24" Senderol 1:8
Berger 156
ADG Brass
210M Primer
N560 59.0 Grains 3,108 FPS Avg
0.010" off lands

5 Shot Group ES 11 SD 4.1

View attachment 298129

I have 3 of their rifles. 28 Nosler shoots under 0.1 moa, 7Saum shoots in the 0.2's and this one shooting in the 0.2's also.
Awesome! Thinking about running the same combo for mine. Think the CCI-BR2 primers would change anything much? Have you still been running this with good success? Any changes you'd make?
Thanks!

Awesome! Thinking about running the same combo for mine. Think the CCI-BR2 primers would change anything much? Have you still been running this with good success? Any changes you'd make?
Thanks!
I haven't change a thing and shooting the same. Shot several times. Shot a coyote at 330 yards this morning in the head. Headed out know with it to go sit on some wheat fields to shoot hogs.

Did you buy it off the wall or was it an order? They had a 6.5 PRC/ Anti-X with a Proof barrel done in a brown cerokote that I drooled over for months hanging on the wall, it convinced me to go with an Anti-X when I finally pull the trigger on an ultra-light hunting rifle.

Recent Posts