Approved!

my buddy who bought 2 from SC in first week of Nov and ATF got paper work on one in Jan and second in March is still waiting almost a year both purchased at the same time and in stock.

3 months to submit the Form 4??? That's insane.

I purchased an in-stock suppressor from a local dealer via Silencer Shop on a Saturday, got the email to sign the Form 4 in less than two hours, and the check was cashed 7 days later by ATF.

I ordered another direct through Silencer Shop website, had to wait on the Form 3 to get it to my local dealer, and it was still only 14 days from online purchase to check cashed.

SC once posted a picture of about 18 boxes of paper work getting ready to send off to ATF maybe they are trying to save money on postage by bulk mailing, I will not ever buy from them again because of the time they take to send it in. heck if they would have put my paperwork in an envelope I would have paid for the stamp and took it to the post office. but 2 months for my buddy to get his sent in is BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

SC once posted a picture of about 18 boxes of paper work getting ready to send off to ATF maybe they are trying to save money on postage by bulk mailing, I will not ever buy from them again because of the time they take to send it in. heck if they would have put my paperwork in an envelope I would have paid for the stamp and took it to the post office. but 2 months for my buddy to get his sent in is BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE
That's cute, Silencershop uploaded pictures of a full pallet of boxed forms going to ATF lol. I can only imagine opening the door at ATF with "here is a pallet for you".
I'd bet it cuts down on labor and cost to send them via box than via envelope.

I have similar experiences with Silencer Shop getting the forms to ATF promptly. Had one approved last month, 20 days from doing the docusign to check cashed by ATF, then 241 days from check cashed to approved. Cashed 1/27, approved 9/25. Another couple weeks for stamp to get to my FFL.

When I called this week to check on another pending one, they told me they are running about 7 months cashed to approved. I think wait time is rising fast. Lots of guys like me that finally decided to do something when Biden got into office.

Last edited:
I was just there yesterday and talked to them about these long times for ATF to get the paper work .I was told that the check and paperwork has to go to some place in Washington State then after they cash the check then it goes to ATF in Virginia to be processed. that is one of the reasons it is taking so long? then they showed me my paper work and for the purchase on 9-2-20 the check was cashed on 9-24 and ATF in Virginia had it on 10-2 and approved on 2-18-21 and they got the stamp on 3-22-20 and they finally gave me a shirt

Every Federal agency I can think of uses a mail processor, the mail goes through the center and get's cleaned up before forwarding to the correct agency. This is why IRS instructions have two destinations - one for payments attached and one for no payments attached. Checks go to lock box centers where the payment is deposited before the return is sent on to be scanned/processed.

Remember all the white powder anthrax scares? It's a lot easier to close a warehouse and have USPS forward than it is to clean up an entire office building in DC.

Hopefully Silencer Central is getting paperwork out a lot faster than time measured in months. Once it's in the mail it should be two weeks or less to check cashing, since that's the first step in the process.