Applied low Bc for hammers?

@snox801 there was a stidy done on grooves and effects of BC. It really doesn't. It minimal and within error of any ballistics study, Meaning not a factor. Then barrel gain twist barrels may not perform as well as some do... to throw a mo key wrench into the discussion

That may be right but I was going off what I remember from hammer saying they were getting different bc from different rifles and trying to see if they could get more consistent bc but they gained speed instead or something like that. I'm good with matching the bc to my rifle so to me I just want it close then small tweaks.

Was the study done with Hammer Bullets ?

Was the study done with Hammer Bullets ?
Not sure, it was tested with Mono's and other bullets, I remember reading it a while back. It was interesting. But overall each barrel will provide different pressures etc which effects Velocity which leads to BC

Applied has it at .272 bc. Hammer has .322 which is working for me close enough to stretch it out farther and be somewhat close.
Again I'm not ruling out the fact something may have got missed or not loaded right in the input.
That being said still doesn't account for the huge difference in bc listing. Seems hammer is the only one getting incredibly low bc compared to real world. My cutting edge are just a bit lower but at least in the ballpark.
That was something Steve had told me one day. He was saying Litz (or whoever at AB did the testing) for some reason listed his BCs extremely low. I know there was a while back where there was something wrong with some of the bullets that Hammer had produced causing them to exhibit lower BCs, it's my understanding that has been addressed. The guys at Hammer aren't just making stuff up when they post a BC, they're testing with a LabRadar and verifying at distance. Saying all of this to say, the BCs listed on the website are likely more reliable than whatever AB has listed.

I was using StrelokPro a couple weeks ago, not with Hammers but with a Nosler ABLR. I had a velocity already established using a shoot through chrono (so I'm not sure how accurate it was), but the program had me dial something like 10.2 MOA at 576. I shot and was pretty high, I shot again because I though maybe I threw it but the next one had the same impact point, so I adjusted the scope to POI and it was at 8 MOA. This rifle is still pretty new, so maybe it's speeding up, I don't know for sure. I adjusted my FPS in StrelokPro and it ended up being at 3270 compared to my measured velocity of 2950, which is a lot closer to what I expected the load to shoot. So maybe my measured FPS was wrong, maybe the BC was wrong, I'm not sure, I have to do further testing but I'm not too worried about it until I get something else loaded up for it.

So I start by running them out to 400 which ends up close to what hammer has listed. Then all my others run out to 1300.
But I'm seeing massive difference with the 214. Yesterday it showed a 6" difference at 400. I thought I did something on the first shot so sent another same 6" high impact. Edited the bc to hammer it was close.
Applied a drop said 5.8 moa. Up at 400 only needed 4.25. Thats a huge difference. I am hoping it's something in the software they have that was a glitch. I've had all applied bc be very low for hammers. But this was extreme.
It does appear to be that they run them incredibly far out and do just one bc.
Wish they would do a hunting bullet bc and just pick a standard low FPS say 1800 and do it that way. I originally purchased applied because of the bullet library but heck this is so far off I could guess and be closer.
You also need to take in account environmental conditions, temperature, altitude,wind it will make a difference.