Applied low Bc for hammers?

So what I am taking from this is that the BC listed by Hammer is closer? I haven't gotten to test mine at distance yet, so I find this interesting.
Yes hammers listed bc is very close. On some it's just a touch higher others lower which is normal based factors such as rifling and what not. But these 214's are out in left field for applied. Normally applied is on the low side but in the ballpark. This was t even close. 6" frigging inches at 400 that's a long way off for bc.

Besides the multitude of other issues that might have you off 6" at 400yards, let's say it's just the bc, did hammers advertised bc correct your zero at 400? I doubt it, it's takes a horrendous amount of bc adjustment at that range. I bet you can double ur g7 value and it won't move ur zero 1.5moa.
First step is double check ur zero.
Second step is check scopes tracking
Those still line up reshoot at 400, adjust ur mv to the drops, shoot at 600, tweak ur muzzle velocity, at 800 u will be close, tweak ur bc and mv so curve still matches earlier drops, at 1000 and 1300 tweak ur bc.
Bc is a degrading value as the bullet loses velocity and all bullets degrade differently, using the proper bc for your application is what will determine a successful drop chart.
But Goodluck
So I did do those. That's what I'm getting at is the bc difference from hammer to applied was 6" and yes hammers had me I. The ballpark. That's what has me wondering if it was a glitch in the algorithm in the app. Because I agree it would take a ton. All I did was say. "Wow that's way off went into hammers pulled the bc and reloaded my target distance and was what you would expect I was within 1.5" of my called drop which is standard. I've had it give me calls I've know before way outta wack and wondering if it's not the bc but the calculation that was off.

Those still line up reshoot at 400, adjust ur mv to the drops, shoot at 600, tweak ur muzzle velocity, at 800 u will be close, tweak ur bc and mv so curve still matches earlier drops, at 1000 and 1300 tweak ur bc.
Bc is a degrading value as the bullet loses velocity and all bullets degrade differently, using the proper bc for your application is what will determine a successful drop chart.
But Goodluck

Adjusting MV for 6" at 400 yards is going to be like 400fps that's a big adjustment to make for a measured value. 20-50fps sure. I'd be focusing on BC also.

Yes hammers listed bc is very close. On some it's just a touch higher others lower which is normal based factors such as rifling and what not. But these 214's are out in left field for applied. Normally applied is on the low side but in the ballpark. This was t even close. 6" frigging inches at 400 that's a long way off for bc.
Adjusting MV for 6" at 400 yards is going to be like 400fps that's a big adjustment to make for a measured value. 20-50fps sure. I'd be focusing on BC also.
Not sure what bc ur using, but using 214gr bullet at 3180fps, I can use a .2g7 and get 5.44moa at 400 yds at 0da, and at .6g7 to move it down to 4.3moa at 400yds at 0da.
U barely need a bc value for 400yards, and I agree that is a lot of mv but to calculate a chart u need more drops and as the op so kindly point out u need more than one data point.
It's most likely a zero or scope issue

Last edited:
What most people forget is BC's are Velocity dependent. You always have to True up your BC's to match your rifle/data. Your rifle and load will vary even from the CDM's . BC's are a guesstimate at best, so true Velocity out to 600-800 yards. 900-1100 true BC.
To true CDM's you need to look at their transonic range, AB will tell you how to true it. My 300 PRC needs to be trued at 1640 yards to 1780... it will all depend on rifle, loads and bullet.

I was using the bc that was in the bullet library when I originally did the data input.
I remember seeing it when it loaded and thought wow that seems low.
Scope seems to be tracking fine and strelok come in the same as applied with the hammer bc. Starting to think it was a glitch in the system of the app at the moment.

Applied has it at .272 bc. Hammer has .322 which is working for me close enough to stretch it out farther and be somewhat close.
Again I'm not ruling out the fact something may have got missed or not loaded right in the input.
That being said still doesn't account for the huge difference in bc listing. Seems hammer is the only one getting incredibly low bc compared to real world. My cutting edge are just a bit lower but at least in the ballpark.

What most people forget is BC's are Velocity dependent. You always have to True up your BC's to match your rifle/data. Your rifle and load will vary even from the CDM's . BC's are a guesstimate at best, so true Velocity out to 600-800 yards. 900-1100 true BC.
To true CDM's you need to look at their transonic range, AB will tell you how to true it. My 300 PRC needs to be trued at 1640 yards to 1780... it will all depend on rifle, loads and bullet.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ShoNuff ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Applied has it at .272 bc. Hammer has .322 which is working for me close enough to stretch it out farther and be somewhat close.
Again I'm not ruling out the fact something may have got missed or not loaded right in the input.
That being said still doesn't account for the huge difference in bc listing. Seems hammer is the only one getting incredibly low bc compared to real world. My cutting edge are just a bit lower but at least in the ballpark.
As mentioned above Velocity is the key ingredient here, the 124HH out of the RUM@ 4200fps throws all of the calculations in to a tizzy, It's hard to get folks to understand it, It took me a while

Not sure what bc ur using
Honestly I was just using a profile I had already in my calculator as an estimate. wasn't any where close to his data. If I run his data of 5.8moa dial at 3180fps its a G7 bc of .153. if I correct veolcity to a 4.3moa dial thats 3536 fps.
I'm not ruling out the fact something may have got missed or not loaded right in the input.
That being said still doesn't account for the huge difference in bc listing.
I honestly think you must have had a bad input. I can't make it line up with 5.8.
What bc do you get if you calculate off drop shots?

Last edited:
Also can be different based on how the rifling cuts into it. Hence why I believe the absolute hammer was born.

Something must have been off I'm sure of that. As mentioned it would take a ton of moa to make that difference. I guess I'm more posting so people can look at the major difference applied has for be over what it actually takes. I assume it's something in the hammer design that doesn't like the very slow speed by the sound barrier that brings it very low. What applied spit out isn't even close to real world when using hammers.
I'm heading back out to get drops when the weather is better just found it weird that it was so far off the bc hammer had listed and what worked for me .

Something must have been off I'm sure of that. As mentioned it would take a ton of moa to make that difference. I guess I'm more posting so people can look at the major difference applied has for be over what it actually takes. I assume it's something in the hammer design that doesn't like the very slow speed by the sound barrier that brings it very low. What applied spit out isn't even close to real world when using hammers.
I'm heading back out to get drops when the weather is better just found it weird that it was so far off the bc hammer had listed and what worked for me .
Could also be your inputs, powder stability to temp, multiple things... all measurements correct, you mentioned scope is tracking properly, I believe.. how did you test your scope. Lots of things. As far as groves changing BC... interesting...🤔