Applied Ballistics Mobile App

I am in need of a ballistic app for my Android phone. Reading this entire thread makes my head hurt with confusion. I am getting the impression that the app works most of the time but some particular parts of the app go wonky at the wrong time.

Specifically, I am interested in 30 cal/ 215gr Bergers in a 300 RUM and 250/300 gr Bergers in a 338 LM. at this point but I want to add several additional cals.

What is your recommendation .... buy or not? Wait until ??????
What EXACTLY is not working with this app?

I understand ballistics fine .... it's using the **** phone that creates stress for me.
Buy the App or not?

I am impressed with the candor the manufacturer has presented here. I know someone is trying to fix it but I want to know reliability prior to stressing myself.

I am in need of a ballistic app for my Android phone. Reading this entire thread makes my head hurt with confusion. I am getting the impression that the app works most of the time but some particular parts of the app go wonky at the wrong time.

Specifically, I am interested in 30 cal/ 215gr Bergers in a 300 RUM and 250/300 gr Bergers in a 338 LM. at this point but I want to add several additional cals.

What is your recommendation .... buy or not? Wait until ??????
What EXACTLY is not working with this app?

I understand ballistics fine .... it's using the **** phone that creates stress for me.
Buy the App or not?

I am impressed with the candor the manufacturer has presented here. I know someone is trying to fix it but I want to know reliability prior to stressing myself.

The new version is out for iPhone and is supposed to have all the bugs fixed, and I have the version for android and have had no issues, and I have had it for nearly a year now I think...but they are bringing out an upgraded version for android too I believe...but the one I have now works jist fine for my Samsung galaxy.

There is a button on the main menu "Restore Purchases". This will retrieve the in app purchases as long as you are using the same google account for the app installation. AB Mobile App - Applied Ballistics LLC user guide has more details on this if you need them.

I am not having much luck restoring purchased bullet profiles.
I found on main page as you suggested to restore bullet profiles. It tell me it restored 5 purchases. However when I try to input custom curves it tells me AB has stopped working.

I also made sure I am syncing to right email. Sure I am missing something but at a loss right now.

Side note, my Kestrel 5700 is working fine on new phone and so is Kilo 2400.

Ray

I am not having much luck restoring purchased bullet profiles.
I found on main page as you suggested to restore bullet profiles. It tell me it restored 5 purchases. However when I try to input custom curves it tells me AB has stopped working.

I also made sure I am syncing to right email. Sure I am missing something but at a loss right now.

Side note, my Kestrel 5700 is working fine on new phone and so is Kilo 2400.

Ray

We re looking in to this right now, We have a new system we are working on integrating that is going to make things much better in the future. If you can send me an email with your device specs, and specifics it would be very helpful in tracking down the issue.

How come when I enter my zero for my bullet it's not what the ballistic chart calculates
For my example I enter zero range 100yards zero height 1.5" when I go to my ballistic chart it says at 100 yards I'm 1.9" high. Am I missing something?

How come when I enter my zero for my bullet it's not what the ballistic chart calculates
For my example I enter zero range 100yards zero height 1.5" when I go to my ballistic chart it says at 100 yards I'm 1.9" high. Am I missing something?

You told it to go 1.5" high with zero height, so that is what the program is doing. Zero Height and Offset is a correction input. You tell it what you need to do to correct the zero. Commonly used for suppressor offset.

You told it to go 1.5" high with zero height, so that is what the program is doing. Zero Height and Offset is a correction input. You tell it what you need to do to correct the zero. Commonly used for suppressor offset.

I believe it could also be useful if your zero lands between your scope adjustment, say you have a vortex hs-LR with .5 MOA elevation adjustment, and for your zero you are impacting either .25 MOA high or .25 MOA low, and it needs to be corrected.

Would this be accurate?

I believe it could also be useful if your zero lands between your scope adjustment, say you have a vortex hs-LR with .5 MOA elevation adjustment, and for your zero you are impacting either .25 MOA high or .25 MOA low, and it needs to be corrected.

Would this be accurate?

That was the original purpose, and many older scopes still do. 1/2 or 1/3rd clicks.

I'm not sure we are on the same page. I zero my gun 1.5" high at 100 yards. That's where the bullet impacts. I put into my app that at 100 yards my zero height is 1.5" zero offset is 0. When I calculate those imputs the height above point of aim at 100 yards says 1.9". I shot out to 700yards and I impacted 1/2 minute low. I Go back to 100 and zero it 1.9" or 1/2moa higher but I don't chance anything on the app. I shoot what the app is calling at 700 the hit where right on. The same half minute low happened at 525. If I say the bullet hits 1.5" high at 100 should it not say in the ballistic chart that I'm 1.5" high?

I'm not sure we are on the same page. I zero my gun 1.5" high at 100 yards. That's where the bullet impacts. I put into my app that at 100 yards my zero height is 1.5" zero offset is 0. When I calculate those imputs the height above point of aim at 100 yards says 1.9". I shot out to 700yards and I impacted 1/2 minute low. I Go back to 100 and zero it 1.9" or 1/2moa higher but I don't chance anything on the app. I shoot what the app is calling at 700 the hit where right on. The same half minute low happened at 525. If I say the bullet hits 1.5" high at 100 should it not say in the ballistic chart that I'm 1.5" high?

Zero Height is for making corrections. You are telling it at 100 yards to move the zero 1.5" high by doing that. Which is ok. The reason for the 1.9" is more than likely Aerodynamic Jump being added on. Set the wind to 0 and see if it goes away. How are you calculating the muzzle velocity? I believe that may be part of the error.

Hi I am hoping you can help in the Android version in preferences I have spin drift ticked that's good however on the firing solution page just above the elevation tab it has Spin Drift: Off. Sorry if I am being daft why is the app doing this when I want it on. Thanks in advance

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts