App that shows uncorrected atmospheric pressure

ndking1126

I live pretty close to sea level so I'm not positive if the apps are showing corrected or uncorrected pressure (because the numbers end up being so close). Those of you who live at elevation of course have very different numbers - ex, 25 inHg uncorrected and 29.8ish for corrected.

Since it would be very easy to confirm at your elevation, would anyone with an android phone be willing to download a few apps and let me know??

Thank you!

If your app is asking for elevation then it is correcting for pressure. If you are using station pressure (pressure where you are standing) you will get the real deal. I am using a kestrel drop for my weather and it gives me station pressure.

I AM using shooter and strelok. It seems like they both have instruction pages explaining how they set it up.

Pressure is Absolute - When this is checked, you are stating the the pressure you input above it is Station pressure. When unchecked, you are stating the pressure being inputted is Barometric pressure.

Altitude - Your current altitude. This field will be disabled if you chose "Station" for Pressure Input Type because Station pressure is absolute and altitude is irrelevant

above is from shooter manual.

I was asking about apps like Barometer and Altimitor or Sensors Toolbox. I don't use shooterapp. Thanks, though.

Actually, after going back through the settings I see they let you choose station pressure in Barometer and Altimitor, so I think that is fairly straight forward!

Oh. I c. Some phones have built in Barometric sensors. If your does not then I would assume they are calculating it of your gps location. I would ask the app developer (email in playstore for example) or look into your phone model if it has a Barometric sensor. I had a LG phone that had a Barometric sensor in it.

Our shooting apps calculate it from weather stations with the elevation if there is no sensor available. Good luck on your info quest

If you live at or very near sea level it won't matter anyway. When it's sunny put in 29.5 and when it's rainy put in 28.5 and call it a day. You can be pretty far out on BP (up to about half an inch of mercury is just nothing to 1000) and still be able to make very long range shots.

If you live at or very near sea level it won't matter anyway. When it's sunny put in 29.5 and when it's rainy put in 28.5 and call it a day. You can be pretty far out on BP (up to about half an inch of mercury is just nothing to 1000) and still be able to make very long range shots.
I am preparing for a fall trip to CO where I won't be so close to sea level anymore. Yesterday at my house my phone with sensors was reporting 29.26 while it was about 90* and only moderately humid. I live at about 600, but my ranges are at about 1000 and about 1400 elevation, for whatever it's worth.