App or computer program for variables

Northerner

I have a 300RUM and Leupold scope with turrets marked for yardage. The yardage is based on 4500' elevation and 40 degrees with 210 Berger VLD's. It has worked well and I have been able to verify the turrets are correctly marked for where I hunt elk each year. I am considering going out of state in search of a big one and most likely that will mean different elevation (higher). Does anyone know of an app for my iphone that would give me the appropriate yardage setting given a true horizontal range and known temp and pressure?

The apps will not return a yardage setting. Just a click adjustment.

If you know how many clicks to your yardage marks, then it it not hard to add/subtract the needed adjustments. The custom turret will be good to around 400 to 500 without any adjustment. But from there on out, you will have to +/- at different intervals depending on the variable adjustments.

You can create a cheat sheet in advance, if one or the other variable is known. Elevation would be the easiest to be known.

Thanks for that information. I will make up some cheat sheets and hopefully get a chance to test them before long.

You may check the g7 program as it may output in yardage, not positive though. You could also have a turret tape made by custom turret systems for another elevation!

I did just get the shooter app for my phone, and playing with it last night it looks like you can set it for 1/4" or 1/8" or yardage turretts. It has more adjustability than I expected. I have not been able to fine tune it to tell for sure, but some of the other guys on here can probly answer issue: but I would think it has what your looking for.

The apps will not return a yardage setting. Just a click adjustment.

If you know how many clicks to your yardage marks, then it it not hard to add/subtract the needed adjustments. The custom turret will be good to around 400 to 500 without any adjustment. But from there on out, you will have to +/- at different intervals depending on the variable adjustments.

You can create a cheat sheet in advance, if one or the other variable is known. Elevation would be the easiest to be known.

they will give you an moa adjustment, shooter will automatically factor in angle and if you have a kestrel with bluetooth it will also take care of atmospheres, you still need to verify all the fields, verify range and dope the wind. having a dope card handy, the ability to reticle range to verify outputs is very handy.

I just got kindle fire a couple of weeks ago, bought the shooter app first thing. So far its been spot on, and pretty stinkin fun to play with

Yeah I know all of that Joe. Trying to inform the OP as to what he will have to deal with. Getting an MOA/click adjustment will not match to his yardage turret. He will have to do the checking himself.

What you answered does NOT answer his question.

I do not know of a single app that will return a yardage setting as a final result based on any input.

The G7 BR2 is the only thing that I know of that will give the OP the results he is looking for.

never said it did, only calibrated turrets or turret tape will do that, but once you go past 1 revolution your right back to counting moa, clicks, mills. i pointed out a good alternative that works well and costs little.

never said it did, only calibrated turrets or turret tape will do that, but once you go past 1 revolution your right back to counting moa, clicks, mills. i pointed out a good alternative that works well and costs little.

Not kicking ya but you can have turrets or the custom tapes build for more than one revolution with no issues.

Not kicking ya but you can have turrets or the custom tapes build for more than one revolution with no issues.
How? I have turrets tapes from custom turrets systems, the only way I could see that happening is with exceptionally tall turrets. Mine are marked for yardage out to 500, wind and MOA scale. there's no room left for more info. Take out the windage and MOA scale to make room for more yardages, you'd be overlapping yardages. Seems like you'd end up trading info for what might turn into a jumbled mess.

Well Joe,

My custom turrets go to 1100 yards. I have done exactly what the OP has asked about. 1st turn on the bottom, each additional turn is next higher level above the previous numbers . I do not have the windage on mine.

I have done exactly what the OP is asking and what I explained. It works perfectly. It is obvious that you have not done this. Nor spent the time to figure it out.

Custom turret systems is another avenue that could be used, as bigngreen pointed out. For $20 they could make your turret at the new variables. I have used them for one of mine and have to say they worked perfectly.

My scope has target turrets added by Leupold so as previously stated you can go past one turn. Mine is marked to 1000 yards, you just have to remember immediately return to 200yd zero after adjusting up so as not to forget what revolution you are on.

Thanks for the info on custom tapes. Are those reusable? Any suggestion on how much change in elevation or temp will make a big enough difference at say 800 yards? I have been told that out to 600 my turrets are probably close enough unless at an extreme difference in altitude or temp.

Well Joe,

My custom turrets go to 1100 yards. I have done exactly what the OP has asked about. 1st turn on the bottom, each additional turn is next higher level above the previous numbers . I do not have the windage on mine.

I have done exactly what the OP is asking and what I explained. It works perfectly. It is obvious that you have not done this. Nor spent the time to figure it out.

Custom turret systems is another avenue that could be used, as bigngreen pointed out. For $20 they could make your turret at the new variables. I have used them for one of mine and have to say they worked perfectly.

well jacksd since i did not know they did that what exactly do you suggest a guy research or figure out? something he's not aware of? I gave usefull info based on the info the op provided and what i had at hand, not good enough for you pucker up, no reason to be an *** about it. Does it really mean any thing that i didn't know they did that, or that i asked more about it. Thats why I'm here to help and learn why are you? good op to be a condesending *****?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.