Anyway to gain MOA??

RocketDog

I have a Remington 700 22-250 topped with a Swift 6-24x50mm and it is zeroed at 100. I downloaded strelok on my phone and entered all of the ballistic information. At 1000 yards Strelok shows 31.94 MOA but my scope maxed out when I got to 18 MOA. My question is, is there anyway to adjust my scope to gain some MOA i.e. higher scope rings or anything of that nature??

Thanks,
Riley

20moa base would get you what you need, but somtimes you wont be able to get a 100 yard zero. im not familiar with swift optics enough to know how much internal travel they have

I have a Remington 700 22-250 topped with a Swift 6-24x50mm and it is zeroed at 100. I downloaded strelok on my phone and entered all of the ballistic information. At 1000 yards Strelok shows 31.94 MOA but my scope maxed out when I got to 18 MOA. My question is, is there anyway to adjust my scope to gain some MOA i.e. higher scope rings or anything of that nature??

Thanks,
Riley

1) Why are you worried about 1000 yards with a 22-250..??
2) Your zero is set too close. Im zero'd dead on at 200 and Im .5 high at 50 and 1.5 high at 100 and about 5 low at 300.

Just how far you think a 22-250 is good for?

20moa base would get you what you need, but somtimes you wont be able to get a 100 yard zero. im not familiar with swift optics enough to know how much internal travel they have

Yepper...20 MOA rail is whats needed for sure. All of my longer range rifles are sitting on 15 MOA rails because I dont have the ability ( locations) to get to 1000 but might get somewhere to still shoot LONG but not that long.

Another option would be Burris Signature rings. They have them in both 1" & 30mm. They have Delrin inserts that can get you up to 40MOA just by shifting the different MOA inserts around. I believe the 30mm versions come with the inserts in the ring package. The 1" inserts are available as an separate package. We use them to get the 22lr to get out to 400 yards just for grins.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.