Anything better at $750 than Zeiss 4.5-14x50?

Will the Zeiss track as well and hold a zero like the Night Force scopes do?

Did for me! Took my 280 to CO (see my thread), shot at 300 yards from a bench, then in the field out to 750 yards. Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14x44 with target turret for elevation.

TRACKS PERFECT!! JBM ballistics was DEAD ON! I used Bryan Litz' corrected BC for 150 Nosler Btips at the avg velocity I'm shooting 2760fps. Scope, rifle, load, were performing so much better than I am capable. In the hands of a better shooter, I think it would be more impressive.

Sold ALL of my Leupolds. My new base scope is the Zeiss. Until I have a problem with them, I'm satisfied. My next step up is the Leica.

Sold ALL of my Leupolds. My new base scope is the Zeiss. Until I have a problem with them, I'm satisfied. My next step up is the Leica.

Not sure if it has changed but in 1998 Leica briefly re-entered the riflescope arena in North America with three models: the Ultravid 1.75-6x32, the Universal 3.5-10x42 and the Ultravid 4.5-14x42F. While the riflescopes were made with Leica-supplied optical elements, final assembly was completed by Leupold and Stevens of Oregon.

(Optical product reviews)

ADDED:

As of 2010, according to this article (http://www.americanhunter.org/articles/leica-2-5-x-riflescope/), it is back in their German factory.

Should be a killer scope.

Not sure if it has changed but in 1998 Leica briefly re-entered the riflescope arena in North America with three models: the Ultravid 1.75-6x32, the Universal 3.5-10x42 and the Ultravid 4.5-14x42F. While the riflescopes were made with Leica-supplied optical elements, final assembly was completed by Leupold and Stevens of Oregon.

(Optical product reviews)

ADDED:

As of 2010, according to this article (Leica 2.5X-10X-42mm), it is back in their German factory.

Should be a killer scope.
My Leica is on my 6.5-284. LOVE IT.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.