Anyone work on a Weatherby/Vanguard with a pressure point in wood stock?

WEATHERBY460

I have a Vanguard Deluxe and it has a pressure point in the stock, not free floated. I want to replace the barrel and am thinking of installing pillars and free floating it. Will I have any issues? The barrel is listed as a #2 Contour.

Both rifles did. I carefully used a small chisel to remove enough material to clear the entire barrel channel from tip to action and then sanded it smooth. I then used a stock stain to seal the wood. When done, a business card could easily slide up to the action.

The standard Vanguard barrel is a #2. Used a round file. Taped top and tip of barrel channel and carefully removed hump a bit at a time checking often with the barreled action. The rifle shot a bit more accurately and much better after bedding. +1 on Shortgrass and metric threads. These are good actions, a rebarrel with a quality aftermarket should be very accurate. Your smith can help with all of your concerns.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.