Anyone with Tikka Varmint 223

MTsmith

I just acquired a tikka varmint 223 with a 1 in 8 twist. Does anyone have some prairie dog shooting loads that they would recommend?
Any help or guidance is appreciated.

I have three 223 T3's. One stayed a 223, the others converted to 222 and 221Fireball. All with the 1/8 twist. I shoot 40 grain V-Maxes and Nosler BTs...mostly the Noslers...I really like the 40 BT Noslers with 20.5 grains of 1680 or CFE BLK! At 3600 FPS and increased RPMs from the 1/8 twist, the 221FB is a prairie dingo's NIGHTMARE!
You have to see the acrobatics to believe this combination of bullet and twist rate!
Lichen Slayer

I just acquired a tikka varmint 223 with a 1 in 8 twist. Does anyone have some prairie dog shooting loads that they would recommend?
Any help or guidance is appreciated.
I have a Tikka T3 in a 8 twist but not the varmint model. I found that it likes Nosler CC 77 gr with 23.8 gr of Varget. Very accurate in the gun and should work great in the wind.

I have a t3 Varmint. I load 75 eldm's with 23.9 grains of ar comp. this gives me 1/2 moa groups and 2920fps.

I also put mine in a Stockys vg2 carbon fiber stock with cdi bottom metal. Its a good upgrade over the factory stock and magazine.

I have a varmint t3x in .223 8 twist barrel. With a Sierra 69 gr. tipped MK I got .75 groups with varget and half inch groups with R15, both loads were max.
drags

I shot 2 groundhogs this morning with the t3x and Sierra 69 gr. TMK R15 load and so far I am pleased with with the performance.
Drags

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.