Anyone with a Model 700 Long Range Rifle?

ProfessorM

I have been looking at these online and for what you get for $650-$700 they seem like a good deal. If is doesn't shoot, you have a decent stock and a good action to screw a good barrel on. But I can find very few reviews from people who have shot one to form my own opinion. Of course they seem to be out of stock everywhere now. Anyone have any experience with this setup?

The one you linked to at Cabelas and Gunsamerica is what I am referring to. This model (700 Long Range) is not offered in short action calibers. Only 30-06, 300 RUM, 300 Win, 7mm Rem Mag, and I believe 25-06 are listed at this time. Just curious as to how they have performed for anyone that might have had a chance to shoot one.

The one you linked to at Cabelas and Gunsamerica is what I am referring to. This model (700 Long Range) is not offered in short action calibers. Only 30-06, 300 RUM, 300 Win, 7mm Rem Mag, and I believe 25-06 are listed at this time. Just curious as to how they have performed for anyone that might have had a chance to shoot one.

I am curious how they shoot they look great. I wonder if any are actually available at cableas or are they sold out.

I'm thinking about buying one in .25-06 (to build a backup .25-06 AI), or possibly 7mmRM, when I get my income tax refund.

I don't have a Cabelas within reasonable driving distance to see look it over, Ifnit was actually in stock. I doubt it's in stock because no one else seems to have them at this time. I'm thinking 7mm would be a nice addition for me too.

I like the raised comb. the B&C web site says 2.2 lb for a sendero stock and 2.7 for the long range stock. so the stock is half a pound more and with a barrel that is not fluted add a little more. almost a pound more than a sendero . steadier for targets. with the senderos i have already i am thinking a 30-06.

I have the 700 Long Range in 300 RUM, its a nice rifle for the price, I did have to replace the trigger, and put and brake on and bedded the stock. But it does shoot .5 moa or better when I do my part. Im not sure the group size but I was able to hit a 15 inch rock at 1385yd with it earlier this year going 3 for 3, Im not sure if that last part helps but I was happy with it at that distance.

Thanks for the reply. .5 moa is encouraging. If I add a couple of gift cards at Christmas to the ones I have now and can find one of these, I just might be reporting my results back here before long!

i got this stock of red hawk they took it off a new long range ??

and it suits me down to the ground pun intended , and yes this

is a SENDERO SF11....

Attachments

• IMG_1462 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1462 (Medium).JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 104
I have a Remington XCR II, 300 RUM with a Nightforce 5.5-22/50 scope, and Gunwerks drop compensating turret. Two elk have been killed with it. I got one at 533 yds. And a friend used it to kill an elk at 805 yds. Both elk dropped dead. I've been using the Gunwerks loaded ammunition with 190 grain Bergers, but I am starting to work up loads for it myself, and will be trying both the 190 Bergers and 210 grain Bergers, as well as the Nosler Accubond LR 210 grain.

I have the Rem 700 LR in 30-06 bought in Nov 2014 from a buddy at work. Seems most have been sent in by retailers for trigger recall. Been looking for one in 300 win mag for my son. I love mine, so far it is a shooter. Put a Prostaff 5 Nikon 3.5 x 14 Mildot on and have shot between 1/4 and 3/8 Moa with hand loads @100. I used 56 gr H-4350 with 168 Amax averaged 2750 fps.

I have the Rem 700 LR in 30-06 bought in Nov 2014 from a buddy at work. Seems most have been sent in by retailers for trigger recall. Been looking for one in 300 win mag for my son. I love mine, so far it is a shooter. Put a Prostaff 5 Nikon 3.5 x 14 Mildot on and have shot between 1/4 and 3/8 Moa with hand loads @100. I used 56 gr H-4350 with 168 Amax averaged 2750 fps.

I have one in the 7 mag and records this kind of accuracy with hand loads as well. Reminds me of the old sendro but I like the new stock more. The higher cheek piece suits me well. Only thing I didn't like was it came from the factory with the headspace out of wack. I could have sent it in but I opted to have my gun smith clean it up for about 60 bucks because I have a hunt coming up and I wanted to use this rifle. My buddy has the same gun and headspace on his was also out a wack causing some sticky brass when ejecting.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.