Anyone with a hornday load manual latest edition.

Andy grubb

I need some help from anyone with the latest edition Hornady load manual. I emailed Hornady to acuire load data for 300 rum with 225 eld bullet. There response was to reference page 607 but would not give me the data. Is there anyone out there that could give me a hand. Only need start and max data for retumbo. Thanks.

What powder u gonna use? They list
Imr7828
R26
Imr7977
R25
Retumbo
H1000
Magnum
Viht n170
R33
Only r25, retumbo, and magnum achieve 2900

Thank you everyone I really appreciate it. Currently loading 210 vld with great results but curious to see what the heavier bullets can do. And who can argue with a .777 bc!

welcome to the dark side Andy. Does your rifle in question have a name? Something cool and tough like " Carrie Underwood". Hahaha!!! I'm glad your getting good feedback and hope to see you on here more often.

I just loaded some 225 eldm's for my 300 rum. 30 inch bartlien barrel with 97.5 grains of re 33 is shooting a ragged hole at 100 and averaging 3160 fps. I'm going to stretch it out to 1500 yards tomorrow and see how it does.

welcome to the dark side Andy. Does your rifle in question have a name? Something cool and tough like " Carrie Underwood". Hahaha!!! I'm glad your getting good feedback and hope to see you on here more often.
Duh every good rifle has an awesome name. How else would you feel right about sleeping with it!!! Man I thought I was the only one crazy enough to do something like take a boat down river just to find a place to shoot a mile.

i was planning on shooting 1500 yards today but could only get 1200 were we set up. I used applied ballistics .753 b.c for the 225 eldm, it was right on the money.

Awesome. I loaded up a ladder to test so hopefully will get to the range soon. I'm excited to see what these will do. Are you jumping these or setting at the lands? I am starting at .010 off the lands with these which puts my oal at 3.925 which isn't too far off of where the 210 vld ended up with my rifle. Every other a max and eld I've shot seem to like that .010 jump range.

I'm seating them .020 from the land in my 300 rum and my 28 nosler. I just picked this for a starting point and both guns shot sub 1/2 Moa so I never messed with seating depth.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.