• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Anyone want to go to Africa Hunting? Cheap!!

BigBuck74

I recently won a an auction hunt through SCI at a local banquet to S. Africa for plains game for 2 hunters. The hunt includes all your daily guide fees, food, drinks, airport transfers and trophy fees for 2 animals which can include gemsbok, impala, blesbuck, warthog, wildebeest (Blue or Black) and many other animals. I got a incredible deal on the hunt but I have to bring a second hunter. My friends can't go with me so I am looking for someone to go with me. I paid 1400.00 for the hunt so you would owe $700.00 for your part, no one bid on it at the SCI show. this hunt typically sells for about $7k for 2 hunters. I got a great deal on it. You will have the option to shoot other animals for standard trophy fees. Only other expense you will have is Airfare (Already priced it from $700-$1100.00) and 125.00 gun permit.

My estimate for you to go to Africa for 7 days and lets say you shoot 5 animals (2 included in hunt) + airfare Under $3k-4k depending on what you shoot or you can just go and shoot your 2 animals and finish the hunt as and observer (watching me heat my barrel up..lol) and spend under $2k... I know this may sound confusing so get a hold of me if you are interested, you will never get a chance to hunt here for this cheap again!

I live in Boise, ID and I am well known member on here. I just got the hunt at the SCI Treasure Valley banquet. We would take the hunt either end of July or August of this year 2018.

PM me if you are interested in going, and here is the website to the outfitter
http://gamkasafaris.co.za/
upload_2018-4-19_10-43-27.jpeg upload_2018-4-19_10-43-52.jpeg upload_2018-4-19_10-44-26.jpeg upload_2018-4-19_10-45-29.jpeg upload_2018-4-19_10-43-27.jpeg upload_2018-4-19_10-43-52.jpeg upload_2018-4-19_10-44-26.jpeg upload_2018-4-19_10-45-29.jpeg upload_2018-4-19_10-43-27.jpeg upload_2018-4-19_10-43-52.jpeg upload_2018-4-19_10-44-26.jpeg upload_2018-4-19_10-45-29.jpeg

upload_2018-4-19_10-43-27.jpeg
upload_2018-4-19_10-43-52.jpeg
upload_2018-4-19_10-44-26.jpeg
upload_2018-4-19_10-45-29.jpeg

Sounds like an awesome time. I will expect a thread and pics shared after you return home.

I would also like to here about your adventure. I've always wanted to take a Kudu and a Gemsbuck. I missed out on this trip. Good luck!!

I hope you both have a great trip. I just had a great thip last July. There are a few things I woud HIGHLY reccomend.
1: Get references on the outfitter. Join Africa Hunting.com and ask questions about outfitter. Why? I won a hunt at SCI with a different outfitter and after doing my research, we threw the hunt away and started from scratch. IT WAS NOT THIS OUTFITTER SO DON'T READ ANYTHING INTO THIS, JUST DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

2: Check on how you are getting trophies home. Will you mount them here or over there? Warhogs and baboons require extra crate and paperwork. This is not cheap but dont let it deter you, just know upfront.

3: Find out about your airfaire and air flight schedule. If you have a tight window, you will have issues bringing your weapons. I had a custom gun built for my trip and left it behind and rented a gun as was too much of a hassle.

4: DO NOT overpack. They do laundry every day. You only need layers and two sets of clothes.

5: Pending where you are going, bring good leather gloves as everything has thorns.

6: Bring at least two memory cards for your camera. Take pictures of each animal on both cards. Cards get lost, or fail. Dont lose these pictures.

I have a bunch more advice I can share but have an appointment I need to leave for. If you want to discuss anything with me, feel free to PM me your phone number or questions and we can talk.

Roger

Last edited:
Good advice, other people I've talked to have given the same advice. One of the other things I've heard is that the meat cannot be brought back. You eat some at your meals, the rest stays there. Who did you go with, and would you recommend them?

That is correct that you can't bring any of your meat back, but I was fortunate to eat some of everything I harvest minus the baboon, warthog (was give to tracker for family event) and the lion. I researched about 11 different outfitters but when I discovered Serapa Safaris with Jacques Spammer (if you watch any of the hunting shows you have seen him) my search was over. I spoke with 14 past and still current clients of his. The most impressive was a gentleman that has been to Africa 27 times...he went with 14 different outfitters before he found Serapa, since then he has only returned to Serapa. Everything about the trip was top shelf. The one thing that I had to get used to was if they lack anywhere it is in communication. Not that it was bad, but some questions were just never answered, and for an African Safari Newbie, that was a little intimidating, but once I was boots on the ground, all my worries were gone. I can't speak for any other outfitter but I can fully recommend Serapa. PM me if you want to be in contact with them and I will get you in touch directly with Jacques (pronounced Jak)

Roger

Recent Posts