Anyone using the Horus Reticle?

i really like the ebr-2c reticle in the vortex pst. it's great functionality and avoids being extremely cluttered like the horus.

i really like the ebr-2c reticle in the vortex pst. it's great functionality and avoids being extremely cluttered like the horus.

I agree with the above. Had a Horus in a Leupold Mark 4 M5, and sold it. The scope was very nice, but I just couldn't get used to the H27 reticule.

The Vortex is so much cleaner:

Have you every seen a tactical precision rifle match? The good shooters know their dope without looking at anything and their rifles shoot super flat. At the beginning of a stage the ranges are normally known. Shooters use holdovers NOT twisting knobs for many stages. Finally, no competitive shooter would trust computed dope over their own carefully developed dope. You WILL see scopes with DIY turret marks.

So I think there are several reasons you won't see ballistic reticules on sniper hide.

BV, you have drank the horus cool aid. does the system have merit, yeah, is it the be all end all long range system for hunters I say no. I just revisited their site and watched some videos etc. FOR SOME REASON ITS LIKE THE TACTICAL CROWD DOES NOT UNDERSTAND OR KNOW THERE ARE TURRETS THAT ARE PRINTED WITH THE RANGES FOR YOUR TAILORED LOAD. I have no idea why this is lost on that segment of the shooting public. I look over at snipers hide all the time and none of those guys I have seen are running printed turrets like that.

no urret.

I have a Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 24 X 50 tactical scope with the H59 reticle and I love it for fast follow up shots and for windage holds at long ranges.

STATEMENT OF FACTS (using a Horus type "Christmas tree" mil reticle)
Holding is better than dialing for speed
Holding is the EQUAL of dialing for accuracy
Holding greatly reduces wear on turret gearing

There are those who erroneously tell us that dialing keeps us looking through the "optic center" of the scope. This is patently UNTRUE. It only LOOKS like we are still in the optical center.
Ex. If I dial a 2.2 mil right and 1.6 mil down correction then my center crosshairs will optically be in the same place as the same correction on a properly zeroed "Christmas tree" reticle (in the same make and model of scope). It has to be to make a hit! So that "optic center" statement is from one who has not thought through the physics of holding and dialing.

BTW, as much as I love my H59 reticle I would now prefer the newer H25 reticle for several reasons.

Take a look at the Primary Arms 4-14 R-Grid reticle now. Horus-like for <$300. I have one and it works great on my 22's.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.