Anyone using PVA Cayuga bullets?

Westernhuntr

PVA just released a 210 grain 30 cal Cayuga monolithic hunting bullet with a claimed .750 BC.
They look pretty awesome but I have no experience with their bullets.
Has anyone used the Cayugas ?

With the horrible customer service from PVA, the fact that a good number of people who ordered their John Hancock rifle over 2 years ago still haven't received it (and 99% sure never will), and their consistent position that any issue is always someone else's fault but theirs, I wouldn't risk doing business with them. There are many other great bullets from much better and more reliable manufacturers, with trusted information, don't waste your time with PVA.

With the horrible customer service from PVA, the fact that a good number of people who ordered their John Hancock rifle over 2 years ago still haven't received it (and 99% sure never will), and their consistent position that any issue is always someone else's fault but theirs, I wouldn't risk doing business with them. There are many other great bullets from much better and more reliable manufacturers, with trusted information, don't waste your time with PVA.
Ouch that's a scathing review
Have you actually used the Cayugas in any caliber?

Ouch that's a scathing review
Have you actually used the Cayugas in any caliber?
No, not willing to go anywhere near a product connected to Josh/PVA. he's great with hype, not so great on delivering. I developed an approach of taking the full view of a product including the company behind it and PVA's consistent anti-customer behavior shows me they over-promise and under-deliver then blame someone else. It doesn't give any any confidence in them supporting any of their products.

Last edited:
I have the 122, 151 and 178 varieties. Finally starting to get a load together with the 122 in 6.5 prc. 62.4gr rl26 is right around 3390 fps and 2/3 moa. I'm tweaking seating depths 43k off atm. I've conducted a pressure test with thr 151 in my 7 max and 68gr rl23 did 3320 if I recall, labradar was having problems with I shot the rl26 ladder. The 178s will be used in a 23.5" hells canyon carbon 300wsm build that just left his shop on the ups truck today. Copper solids need to go fast for proper expansion. I'd take less BC and another 300 fps vs his heavier options. The 170 7mm version looks very impressive at 28 nosler speeds tho!

I have the 122, 151 and 178 varieties. Finally starting to get a load together with the 122 in 6.5 prc. 62.4gr rl26 is right around 3390 fps and 2/3 moa. I'm tweaking seating depths 43k off atm. I've conducted a pressure test with thr 151 in my 7 max and 68gr rl23 did 3320 if I recall, labradar was having problems with I shot the rl26 ladder. The 178s will be used in a 23.5" hells canyon carbon 300wsm build that just left his shop on the ups truck today. Copper solids need to go fast for proper expansion. I'd take less BC and another 300 fps vs his heavier options. The 170 7mm version looks very impressive at 28 nosler speeds tho!
Right on
keep me updated on how they perform as you go.
I believe they're rated for expansion down to 1600 fps which is better than most lead core bullets.
I'll be starting with the 212 LRX bore rider when my 30 Sherman mag is done, if they don't shoot I'll try the 210 Cayuga

Huh. I called and asked. Made sure it was the Cayuga bullet and asked about expansion and the guy said it tumbled and does not expand. I saw the hollow point too and that confused me. call them. Maybe you'll get someone else and they'll give a different answer. If those bcs are right and they expand, should be a great option. I'm rebarreling my 28 to shoot the cutting edge 185 right now.

Have you done any more testing with the 151 and 170 with the 7max? What barrel length did you have to get 3320 with the 151?

I just got 500 of the 210 30Cal Cayuga's and will start load development shortly with a new 300WSM barrel. I will give feed back soon.

Have you done any more testing with the 151 and 170 with the 7max? What barrel length did you have to get 3320 with the 151?
I was running the 151 w/ 26" pipe. Selling the 7 max, as it's not the case for me. So haven't done much load development.

I was running 122s at 3400fps w/ rl23 in my 6.5 saum this fall. The bullets are pretty accurate and not jump sensitive. I didn't care for the game performance on my 4yo bull elk, I had to put 4 rounds in him. Elk was quartered away, I put 3 rounds(3" group) entering rear 3rd rib, exiting just behind the offside front shoulder. He was still standing and didn't even look like he was hit. I sent the 4th high shoulder and dumped him. All shots at 580y. The mule deer and antelope were both high shoulder shots between 400-500y. They were doth down for the count. I do not have any photos. If anyone wants to try some, I'd sell you some or all of what I have left, which is quite a few. I'm going to go back to 156s for elk.